Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 4502 times)

crdm

• Coppermine novice
Newbie question
« on: March 29, 2006, 03:57:57 pm »

How can I allow the admin id to upload photos to all galleries? Currently it only allows me to upload files to one gallery. By default when I upload photos they go to misc pix, and also the screen resolution is all off, I have to scrowel right to add to misc gallery and choose continue.

MTIA

Mick
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 05:27:58 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:39:14 pm »

disable debug_mode if the screen content is to wide for you as admin, only re-enable it if you have actually issues. The admin can by default upload to all public albums, but not to personal galleries of users. Post a link to your site for details.

crdm

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 01:56:19 pm »

Thanks, I have disabled debugging,

website in question is located @

http://www.crdm.ie/cpg144/index.php

I would like to have admin the ability to add photos to all galleries (except private galleries)

what setting doess this need?

Thanks
CRDM

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 11:00:36 pm »

admin by default has access to all albums. If this is not the case for you, re-enable permissions for the admin group to upload to public albums.
http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#group_cp

crdm

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 01:53:58 pm »

OK,

I have set the admin properties as per link received, however when Im uploading files, I still dont have a complete list of albums, I get the option only of Misc Pix, and not a complete list of galleries as I have previously set up.

Any ideas?

Mick

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 05:22:03 pm »

attach a screenshot of your groups page to your reply

crdm

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 12:24:31 am »

Sorry,

I have resolved the issue, I set up catagories, however never set the catagories up as galleries. I have done this and now as admin can add to any Gallery.

Sorry for the waste of time.

Mick

crdm

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 10:48:46 am »

Sorry about this lads, Im still having trouble

When I upload the files and select the gallery to have the phots posted is no fine. However when I go to the galery and view the category, all the galeries are there, however if you sleect one of the galleries it states there are no photos in the gallery

Help, Im starting to pull my hair out now

Mick

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 07:04:14 pm »

there are pics in some albums that reside within categories on your page, so I don't quite get it. Post a deep link to an album that is suppossed to contain pics but doesn't and tell us the name of the file you think you have uploaded to that particular album.

crdm

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 11:13:16 pm »

Hi,

If you look @ http://www.crdm.ie/cpg144/index.php it states that there are 5 gallerys in the Class Pix gallery, however if you select Doyle - Haplin it states that There are no Image to display, however if you select class pix, then you will see that there are images listed in the dowle - Halpin gallery, Am I doing anything wrong >

Mick

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 07:04:30 am »

OK, now I can see what you mean: you have to understand the category and album structure of coppermine:
  • Categories can contain sub-categories and albums
  • Categories can not contain pics
  • Albums can contain pics
  • Albums can not contain sub-albums

You have set up a category "Class Pix" with the sub-categories "Bradley School of Irish Dance", "Doyle - Halpin Academy of Irish Dance", "Keogh Academy of Irish dance", "Phipps School" and "Scoil Rince ní Mhaoláin". The category "Class Pix" contains as well the albums "Bradley School of Irish Dance", "Phipps School - UK", "Keogh School" and "Doyle - Halpin Academy". Notice that you have both a category named "Bradley School of Irish Dance" as well as an album named "Bradley School of Irish Dance". The sub-category "Bradley School of Irish Dance" is empty, so if you click on it from within the gallery home page or from within the parent category "Class Pix", you get "No image to display" as expected. If you click on the album "Bradley School of Irish Dance" within the category "Class Pix", then you get to see the actual pics.

As a solution, go to the category manager and delete the unused, empty categories "Bradley School of Irish Dance", "Doyle - Halpin Academy of Irish Dance", "Keogh Academy of Irish dance", "Phipps School" and "Scoil Rince ní Mhaoláin".

crdm

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 11:52:58 am »

Brillant, so once I removed the excess "Categories" when you selected the class pix cat, all the albums were listed, Ill just have to do this now for the others,

Thanks very much for the assistance, has to be said the support regarding this Gallery software is top notch

Mick
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.