Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How "basic" and user friendly is it possible to make Coppermine's gallery pages?  (Read 3954 times)

adam.dullenty

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I already use coppermine for a gallery sharing mine and my friends' photos. I also run a website for my dad, which has quite a collection of photos, which I would love to be able to hold in a Coppermine gallery - for ease of maintenance really. The thing I was wondering, is how simple is it possible to make the pages which display the photos? Really I would prefer to be able to have various pages on my site just show a table of photo thumbnails with photo descriptions, without any of the tonnes of extra features displayed on the page. Would also be incredibly handy if i could have different pages for different albums - just showing the contents of one album on one page of my site and contents of another album on another page of my site.

Aswell as "how possible is it", how would I go about doing this if it is possible, please? Alternatively, to achieve what i want, would it just be easier to use a simpler piece of gallery software?

Adam

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

install coppermine, then turn the advanced features off. Things to disable: in groups page, disable rating, ecards, comments for all groups. Then turn off uploads both to personal and public albums for all groups but the admin. Next, go to coppermine's config and turn off user registration, ZIP-download of favorites, clickable keywords in search, Display language list, Display language flags, Display theme list, Display FAQ.
Create at least one album. Upload some pics to it. Read the documentation for more info.

adam.dullenty

• Coppermine newbie

Cheers. is there definitely a way to just have it display a table of thumbnails? with possibly a link to the intermediate image [just in a plain window] which links to the huge image?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

that's possible, but will only work if you have a very small number of pics in coppermine, which then makes the use of coppermine a bit overkill. Turning navigation completely off by removing the option to see the category structure can be accomplished by removing catlist and breadcrumb from "content of the main page" in coppermine's config (not recommended though).

adam.dullenty

• Coppermine newbie

That's what I was thinking - that it might be overkill. Are there any gallery systems out there which might be more suitable to my needs in this case? I wouldn't even know where or how to start looking :-\

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

for your purposes, I don't even recommend a server-sided solution with dynamic page-creation. A client-sided solution probably will be fine. Take a look at arles image web page creator (client-sided) or W-Nailer (server-sided)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.