Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: $$ for install and some possible minor mods  (Read 6649 times)

PaulaSmiles

• Coppermine newbie
$$ for install and some possible minor mods
« on: March 27, 2006, 08:43:01 pm »

I'm looking for someone to set up a site for my brother who is a photographer. 

Here's what he wants:

to be able to mass upload photos.  (upload a whole folder of photos at one time)

to be able to put the photos into different categories.

to have some kind of password protection.

to have right-click disabled on images.

He wants users to be able to make comments.

Please reply with your price and timeframe if you are interested.

Thanks!

Paula S  :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:59:01 pm by GauGau »

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: $$ for install and some possible minor mods
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 08:58:47 pm »

:) Hi Paula,

Here are a couple of questions that need to be answered:

1. Where does you brother live (area of the world)?

2. Is one of the standard themes good enough or does he want a totally custom theme? You can check them out on the demo page above at (http://coppermine-gallery.net/Obsolete.

3. Does he want to link an ordering system to his gallery using something like PayPal? This mod already exisit by the way.

4. Does he already have a website with a hosting account that supports the basic requirements for CPG? Check here - http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#what

4. More importantly, can he use a FTP client?????

Billy
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

PaulaSmiles

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 10:04:33 pm »

Here are the answers to those questions:

1. Where does you brother live (area of the world)?

Florida, USA

2. Is one of the standard themes good enough or does he want a totally custom theme? You can check them out on the demo page above at (http://coppermine-gallery.net/Obsolete.

Standard theme is good - I like Hardwired

3. Does he want to link an ordering system to his gallery using something like PayPal? This mod already exisit by the way.

Not at this time.

4. Does he already have a website with a hosting account that supports the basic requirements for CPG? Check here - http://coppermine-
gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#what

He will be hosting at Host Gator which supports CPG.... you can even install the basic site automatically with fatistico.

5. More importantly, can he use a FTP client??

No, I can do the basics... but would rather someone else install it.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 12:51:39 am »

Hi Paula,

Setting up CPG is very simple and I would recommend that you don't install it automatically through the hosting company. They don't always have the latest versions and then you'll only have to go through an upgrade which can be more work than installing it correctly the first time. I would download the latest version from here http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89658 so that you know you're up to date.

I can install it but will need more information to do so. Send me a PM and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Billy

Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

FlemishDreams

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
    • Stock Photography Addict
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:36:37 pm »

He will be hosting at Host Gator which supports CPG.... you can even install the basic site automatically with fatistico.

I am at Hostgator too. It's very conventient to use Fantastico, but they never carry the latest version of CPG nor any other CMS. It's better you upload it yourself from the latest distribution here. Since you will have to upload alot of photos, you need to be familiar with an FTP client anyways. The only thing you have to do is run install.php, and fill in the MySQL database and logon info.
For mass-uploads. First upload entire albums with an FTP client, then use batch upload in CPG.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.