Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch upload  (Read 5134 times)

Henning_Thole

• Coppermine newbie
Batch upload
« on: March 22, 2006, 05:08:57 pm »

Hi everyone,

Although I have skimmed through a lot of posts on this issue, I cannot figure out the particular solution to my problem.
The situation is that I have uploaded files onto the server, set the file permission correctly and have created categories and albums in Coppermine. The problem occurs when I want to integrate the picture into the gallery.
The batch add function works well for small pictures, however as soon as the picture increases in file size (exceeding 2Mb), I cannot see a preview of the picture when selecting which ones are to be integrated (although when I click on them individually they are still loaded in full size in a pop-up window), and when i nevertheless click on "insert selected files", the next page comes, and there is no "OK" behind the pictures or anything alike. It just shows the red error cross that you get in internet explorer when you can't load a picture, and on mouseover it says: "Click for details or to reload". When I click  on that all I get is a blank page. The resolution of the pictures that I want to upload is usually 2592 x 1944

Now, the issue is that the integration process works for smaller files (around 800 KB).

Regarding my server I have to add that I am being webhosted, and that I cannot adapt the php.ini, however I contact my provider and the max upload size has been increased to 12 MB, although I have trouble understanding how this interlinks with this issue right now anyway, because the files are all already on the Server!

In addition, I have adapted the settings in the Coppermine config, which currently looks like this (I have tried everything and now entered huge values for the maximum size of uploads, but it still is less than the maximum value the server allows):

Files and Thumbnails settings

Quality for JPEG files      = 65
Max dimension of a thumbnail **      = 120
Use dimension ( width or height or Max aspect for thumbnail ) **   = Max Aspect
Create intermediate pictures  = Yes   
Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video **  = 500
Max size for uploaded files (KB)  = 10000
Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)  = 10000
Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height  = Yes:Everyone   

Files and Thumbnails advanced settings

Albums can be private (Note: if you switch from 'yes' to 'no' any current private albums will become public)  = Yes   
Show private album Icon to unlogged user = No   
Characters forbidden in filenames = $/\\:*?"'<>|` &
Allowed image types  = ALL
Allowed movie types  = ALL
Movie Playback Autostart  = Yes
Allowed audio types   = ALL
Allowed document types  = ALL
Method for resizing images   = GD version 2.x   
Path to ImageMagick 'convert' utility (example /usr/bin/X11/)      = (empty)
Command line options for ImageMagick      = -antialias
Read EXIF data in JPEG files  = No     
Read IPTC data in JPEG files  = No   
The album directory *     = albums/
The directory for user files *    = albums/userpics/ 
The prefix for intermediate pictures *       = processed_
The prefix for thumbnails *      = thumb_
Default mode for directories      = 0777
Default mode for files      = 0666

Now, i also checked my phpinfo.php, to see if GD 2.x is working correctly and it states:

GD Support = enabled 
GD Version =  bundled (2.0.28 compatible) 

I also check the info about the allowed memory usage in phpinfo, stating (First colum being local value, second being master value):

max_execution_time 30 30
max_input_time -1 -1
memory_limit 16M 16M
open_basedir no value no value
output_buffering no value no value
output_handler no value no value
post_max_size 8M 8M

Is the memory_limit not sufficient for the resolution I need to be processed? The idea of resizing all images before uploading is out of the question. It is more than 5000 images adding up to around 9, 5 GB. Also, I previously used Gallery2 from menalto and the processing worked well with that, but I had my reasons to switch to Coppermine and definitely want to stay with it!!!!

I very much appreciate the help offered on this forum, and after all the things that I have tried out, I am quite frustrated :(
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 05:29:27 pm by Henning_Thole »

Nibbler

Re: Batch upload
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 07:06:12 pm »

Try using IM instead, memory limits don't apply.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 07:12:27 pm by Nibbler »

Henning_Thole

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 09:07:04 pm »

I am now using Imagemagick and I have exactly the same problem. Nothing has changed, what could be the problem??

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 09:32:44 pm »

Do you have problems when batch adding only one large image?  I'm asking because GD and ImageMagick both consume memory resources while converting images.  When you add images, multiple processes are started which eat up huge chunks of memory.  Limiting the number of images during the batch add process may help.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Henning_Thole

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 02:01:26 am »

Hi,

originally I tried to upload multiple files, but even when I try just to upload a single file into the directory I get exactly the same error! I have also contacted my webhoster, and he said that the maximum value for the "memory_limit" is 16 in php.ini. But I think that this ought to be enough for the picture to be resized, especialyl since it worked with Gallery2, which is known to use more resources..

AGAIN, HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED, as I cannot publish any images on my webpage at the moment

Henning

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 02:33:47 am »

Review the troubleshooting thread, follow the instructions, and post the necessary information here.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

Henning_Thole

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 07:41:44 pm »

Hi. I have already consulted that thread before, and I have checked everything they say but none of it applies to me. I have again contacted my Hosting Provider, and after some negotiation he has increased the memory_limit value to 24 MB. This means that there shouldn't really be a problem now, however the same problem persists to exist?

I'd be willing to give someone from the development team access to my page so that they can see where the error arises...

:(

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 08:01:17 pm »

Post a non-admin test user and password, along with a link to your gallery.

Henning_Thole

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 08:18:39 pm »

The gallery link is : www.francogerman.org/members/gallery

the user name is : testuser
the password is : testuser

But isn't the maximum upload size restricted by php, and the error only applies to big files.

Thanks a lot

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 09:24:56 pm »

First, please fix the Coppermine tag line so it isn't the same color as your background.

Henning_Thole

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 04:32:40 pm »

i've changed that now.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 05:03:42 pm »

Read the docs and review the upload troubleshooting steps.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

Henning_Thole

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 07:46:14 pm »

Hi.

I have attempted to do what the documentation says and I get no error message at all, after the script db_input.php is exercised, I get a blank screen saying "The page cannot be displayed" (default internet explorer error).

Apart from that, can someone just explain to me why I have to upload a picture again, because they are already on the server, and the batch adding doesn't work.. (I uploaded them with ftp)

@ kegobeer : Can I set up an admin account for you and send you the details in a private message? Then you can see what goes wrong when youi try to batch add from files which are already on the server but want to integrate into coppermine.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2006, 06:55:25 pm »

Do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting kegobeer has refered to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.