Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plugin Documentation  (Read 5971 times)

trippinsweet

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Plugin Documentation
« on: March 22, 2006, 02:08:23 pm »

Is there a doc (even in an unfinished form) that tells developers how to create plugins for quick integration with coppermine?

So far, I wrote two dirty 'hacks' for my site. One which allows users to zip download any album and the other to allow them to view fullsized or intemediate pictures by default using button to toggle the action.

I'd like to implement them with plugins so I can deactivate/distribute them more easily.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Plugin Documentation
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 03:30:46 pm »

I've been working on the plugin doc for many weeks now.  I'm getting close, I just need to find the time to finish it off.  I do have an unfinished doc up, but I prefer not to link it here until my main site is ready.

I'll try to wrap up a draft I can release by this weekend.  This is a good deadline for me to get something out.  After that, I will still add more as I find time.

I'm glad you're considering writing plugins.  They are so much easier to keep under control than code hacks.

trippinsweet

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 03:44:08 pm »

Thanks for giving me a tentative time plan. I'll look forward to hearing about the release of a doc.

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 06:19:00 pm »

At the very least, I'll post a draft of the plugin doc on the "Building a plugin best practices" sticky thread on this board once the draft is ready.  I might hold off on putting it on CVS or the demo until I fill out a few more sections and get some feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.