Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch add interface doesn't work (on Windows)  (Read 3613 times)

IByte

• Coppermine newbie
Batch add interface doesn't work (on Windows)
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:37:07 pm »

I've recently installed CPG and added a folder with pictures to the albums folder, but the batch add function says there are no folders there. The directory selection box contains "/C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\photos\albums/". Here's the error message I'm getting:

There are no folders inside the "albums" folder yet. Make sure to create at least one custom folder within "albums" folder and ftp-upload your files there. You mustn't upload to the "userpics" nor "edit" folders, they are reserved for http uploads and internal purposes.

HTTP file upload/processing does work. Suggestions?

Server environment:
Apache/2.0.55 (Win32 - WinXP Home, Dutch)
PHP/5.1.2 (via Apache 2.0 Handler)
ImageMagick-6.2.6-Q16 (GD2.0.28 also available)
Coppermine 1.4.4
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 04:14:13 am by IByte »

IByte

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch add interface doesn't work (on Windows)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 04:05:15 am »

Oh, debug output is not supposed to be included in the post by default, sorry about that. I do have knowledge of PHP, though, that's why it's usually enabled in my admin interface.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 07:34:46 am »

you probably can't use the browsable batch-add interface on your server setup. Switch to the classic one, then try again.

LadyAnna

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 10:54:56 am »

I have the same problem, cant use browsable interface, but the classic one works... would be good if you could figure a way to sort it though.

I'm also on a windows server

IByte

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 11:58:49 am »

All right, the classic batch add interface works, thanks. If I find the time I'll tinker with it, but for now I can at least use the batch add function.

(Also, the English_GB language setting does not appear to work on Windows, but if I need help with that I'll open a separate topic.)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 04:28:34 pm »

Windows sucks as a webserver, it doesn't populate PHP server vars (although it should), that's why the browsable batch-add interface doesn't work for the minority of users who are hosted on Windows webservers. For the large majority of users who are hosted on Lunix-drivenwebservers, everything is working fine though. There's no workaround to make the browsable batch-add interface work on Windows afaik. That's why we left the classic interface in the package. Use it and forget about the browsable interface.

IByte

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 04:53:47 pm »

I'm inclined to agree with you up to a point, but here's the situation: I do in fact have a Linux web server which runs Coppermine nicely, but as it's my old box that got replaced by new workstation hardware, it's not very fast, which is far from ideal when adding lots of large photos. Therefore my plan is to create the thumbnails etc. on the faster computer and then transfer them (it's going to require a bit of hacking to transfer the database entries, but probably it's nothing I can't handle). And as for the browsable interface, like I said, perhaps I'll look into it if I feel bored. If I have any luck I'll let you know, I'll post it as a hack or something.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 05:02:49 pm »

It's not the creation of database entries for newly added pics that burns lots of CPU cycles during the batch-add process, but the creation of thumbnails and intermediate images. So your issues with the old webserver that is slow will go away if you simply do as suggested in the "Batch-resizing pics" tutorial and create the intermediate and thumbnails on your client before uploading (using your desktop PC just with Irfan View or similar instead of running a webserver on it that is just a workaround for a workaround). The batch-add process is clever: if the thumbnails and intermediate-sized images already exist on the webserver, the batch-add process won't try to re-create them, but use the existing files and just add the needed entries to the database.

IByte

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 05:46:25 pm »

Ah, thanks, just being able to copy the files will save me some time messing with databases (yes, I do know resizing pics is the computationally expensive part). In that case, everything appears to be working here (minus browse), and I can try either just using that (there's no harm in having a server for cross-platform testing of my own scripts either), or using an image batch processing program like Irfanview or CPicture. Let's see what I like best.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.