Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing with friends and family  (Read 2294 times)

mkollerup

• Coppermine newbie
    • Wihiw
Sharing with friends and family
« on: March 21, 2006, 11:30:23 am »

Hi

I am planning to rum a site where people will pay to be able to store their digital images in their own private galleries. I am going to use CPG for this.

I would like for the members of my site to be able to send a link to friends and family that will give them rights to see a specific album without the these people having to be registered at my site. Sort of like an ecard but for an entire album.

Can someone help me with this? Can it be done?

Kindest regards

Michael Kollerup

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Sharing with friends and family
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 04:54:09 pm »

I can see little point in your business modell, with Flickr and similar apps around. Free space for private image collections are available everywhere. However, if you're going to do what you're up to, take a look at Coppermine's album password feature. Users could send an email invitation that contains a link to the album and the password along with it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.