Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem uploading pics  (Read 2801 times)

JPSPEARS

• Coppermine newbie
    • Britney Experts
Problem uploading pics
« on: March 20, 2006, 12:34:01 am »

I just upgraded from version 1.2.1 to 1.4.3  The problem is that when I try to upload the albums it will only let me upload 2000 files into one album.  I have tried using different ftp's but they all do the same thing.  It says that the download was truncated because I have 2000 files for that one album already.  I have a few albums where there are almost 20,000 files on them and I can't get them uploaded to the gallery, it will only take the first 2000 pics.  I tried making new albums and putting them there which of course works but then the path is wrong so it does me no good.  I am kinda new at this and I am totally lost right now as to what to do or why this is happening.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem uploading pics
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 06:49:56 am »

are you talking about files within one sub-folder of the albums folder or are you talking about entries inside the database? As far as I can see, you're talking about files in a folder - if there is a limitation, it's server-sided (i.e. an issue you would have to discuss with your webhost), not related to coppermine. However, it's not a bright idea to store 2000 files in one folder, nor is keeping 2000 file entries within one album in coppermine's database, so I suggest reviewing the overall structure and design of both your site as well as your file structure on the webserver's hard drive.

JPSPEARS

• Coppermine newbie
    • Britney Experts
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 11:33:52 pm »

I am talking about files within one subfolder.  I thought it might be with my host so I am going to try that and hopefully things can be worked out.  Thank you for your help and I will definitely look at how we have the gallery setup. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 07:19:15 am »

coppermine (or any other PHP-driven app) might time-out when indexing a folder with 2000 files. Reviewing your setup is mandatory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.