Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: reinstall necessary ??  (Read 2724 times)

clayw

• Coppermine newbie
reinstall necessary ??
« on: March 20, 2006, 04:03:29 am »

My web service lost a disk drive with all my SQL databases on it.  I had no back up.

I need to recreate the database if I can? I am getting the following error.
Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user 'cecilton_copp1'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

How can I fix this?  I will reinstall, but I dont want to lose all my pictures. I have over 2,000 firefighter photos it 50-10 different catorgies.  If I reinstall is tehre a easy way to import all the catory names?  I dont nearly remember them all or which pictures go to which.  Please help!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: reinstall necessary ??
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 06:43:25 am »

if you have lost your mysql database and have no backup, then everything that was stored in the database is of course lost (e.g. category names, album names, hits, votes, ratings, comments, users, groups) and there is no way to get this data back.
  • Here's what you need to do: rename the folder "userpics" inside the albums folder to something else (e.g. "userpics_old") and create a new empty folder named "userpics".
  • rename the file "config.inc.php" inside the include folder to "config.inc.old.php"
  • Delete the file include/install.lock"
  • Run the installer
  • Try to re-create the categories and albums as good as you can remember
  • Use batch-add to re-populate the pics database table (i.e. assign the pics to your albums

In other words: all that you could possibly come up with is a rough guess of the structure of categories and albums if you have done as suggested before and used a structure within the albums folder that mimmicks your overall gallery structure. Everything else is being lost. If your site used to be popular for the google spider, you might be able to get an idea how your gallery used to be structured by taking a look at google's cache.

Joachim
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.