Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem uploading pics  (Read 2786 times)

JPSPEARS

• Coppermine newbie
    • Britney Experts
Problem uploading pics
« on: March 20, 2006, 12:34:01 am »

I just upgraded from version 1.2.1 to 1.4.3  The problem is that when I try to upload the albums it will only let me upload 2000 files into one album.  I have tried using different ftp's but they all do the same thing.  It says that the download was truncated because I have 2000 files for that one album already.  I have a few albums where there are almost 20,000 files on them and I can't get them uploaded to the gallery, it will only take the first 2000 pics.  I tried making new albums and putting them there which of course works but then the path is wrong so it does me no good.  I am kinda new at this and I am totally lost right now as to what to do or why this is happening.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem uploading pics
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 06:49:56 am »

are you talking about files within one sub-folder of the albums folder or are you talking about entries inside the database? As far as I can see, you're talking about files in a folder - if there is a limitation, it's server-sided (i.e. an issue you would have to discuss with your webhost), not related to coppermine. However, it's not a bright idea to store 2000 files in one folder, nor is keeping 2000 file entries within one album in coppermine's database, so I suggest reviewing the overall structure and design of both your site as well as your file structure on the webserver's hard drive.

JPSPEARS

• Coppermine newbie
    • Britney Experts
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 11:33:52 pm »

I am talking about files within one subfolder.  I thought it might be with my host so I am going to try that and hopefully things can be worked out.  Thank you for your help and I will definitely look at how we have the gallery setup. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 07:19:15 am »

coppermine (or any other PHP-driven app) might time-out when indexing a folder with 2000 files. Reviewing your setup is mandatory.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.