Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My own banner  (Read 4430 times)

Aidan

• Coppermine newbie
My own banner
« on: March 18, 2006, 10:53:40 pm »

Hello,
I installed the Coppermine photogallery successfully on my site the other day, and I'm extremely pleased with it.
I've no doubt this may have been covered a few times already, so if it has could someone please point me in the direction of the previous thread.
What I want to do is put in a Macromedia Flash presentation where the Coppermine banner presently is. I'm using the "Classic" theme. I've tried editing the template a few times, but each time I replace site_logo.png with the link to my flash item, the homepage seems to go into a "basic" mode, with no borders or colour, just the text and uploaded images.

I'd appreciate any help with this. :)

Thanks,

Aidan
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 11:04:26 pm by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: My own banner
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 11:03:59 pm »

Add in your banner and post a link. Then we can tell you what is wrong.

Aidan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 09:59:54 pm »

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 12:57:15 am »

Edit the file properly with a simple text editor, dont use cpanel tools.

Aidan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 07:52:20 pm »

Thanks for the help. I seem to be getting somewhere now, but I'm not quite there yet.
The whole page is now appearing, less my banner. Does the gallery support .swf file extensions?
It will not show the banner. In the html, I put an ordinary link to it, and also put in the file URL, but to no avail.
Thanks again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 06:46:42 am »

Your banner displays fine for me - refresh your cache. It's not a matter of "does Coppermine support swf", as you apply plain HTML in the template. Everything that you can do using HTML you can do in template.html as well.

Aidan

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 08:41:37 pm »

Hi,
The reason the banner is showing up is that I replaced it with a gif movie (which as it happens works equally well). I edited a load of times for the flash thing and it never worked, but the first time I tried the gif it worked perfectly.
The gif will do fine but it's funny how the flash presentation never shows up...
Thanks anyway for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.