Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding in Code to members display...?  (Read 3859 times)

altagame

• Coppermine novice
Adding in Code to members display...?
« on: March 17, 2006, 12:02:01 am »

Hey everyone, not sure what something like this would be called. I can't post into the Mod forum, so I figured because this was a template addon I would ask here. I would have searched for it if I had any clue on what something like this might be called.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has seen a mod that will add in the following while members are reviewing their photo's;

Tons of my members are used to using other photo services and in my efforts to keep things simple for them, I thought this would be a cool way for them to quickly copy the code to be inserted in our phpBB system.

Thanks to everyone that may have some incite on this topic.

Alta.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 11:57:52 pm by altagame »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Adding in Code to members display...?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 12:07:23 am »

You can't post on the mod board because it's meant for actual mods, not for mod requests.

Try
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=431.0
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=3552.0

altagame

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 01:41:36 am »

Thanks GauGau, I looked into those, not sure if they are outdated now or not because I can't get them to work. I have posted in that thread to hopefully help other users in the future.

Thanks.

Alta.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 08:10:48 am »

those mods were made for older versions of coppermine, according to board rules you mustn't ask questions on those threads on how to make those mods for newer versions >:(. Should be rather straightforward to make them work for cpg1.4.x, just search your local copy of coppermine's code for the stuff you can't find. Most stuff from displayimage.php that rendered the output has gone into the themes. Edit themes/yourtheme/theme.php and modify stuff there. If you don't have a particular function in your custom theme, copy it from themes/sample/theme.php.

altagame

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 07:15:21 pm »

those mods were made for older versions of coppermine, according to board rules you mustn't ask questions on those threads on how to make those mods for newer versions

Hey GauGau, thanks for the reply. IMO I would think keeping mods up to date, or searching for an updated version to a mod for the current release version would be of the utmost importance to you guys. I only made my post in order to help future users by saving them time trying to add in a Mod that will simply not work. I have encountered this with a bunch of the mods available on the site and figured it would be the best way to relay that the mod was out of date.

My apologies that I didn't notice that under the rules, but thanks to whom ever dropped me to a negative 2 for Karma. That is indeed a way to keep members.

Don't get me wrong, I think Coppermine is a great little tool, and I am very grateful that it was made available to me and the public. It is the out of date Mod confusion that has me frustrated and I am sure plenty others.  I killed about 8 hours yesterday trying to code in some mods that never had potential of working unless I have PHP experience and understand those fundamentals. Not to mention you usually have to read 5 or 6 pages of posts just to find the mod, then you have to determine from users posts if its working, if its bugged and if its current. Really hard to filter through it all.

Perhaps you guys can look at releasing a stable Mod board to try and simplify things for all.

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.