Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: blank pages after upgrade to 1.4.4 from 1.3.2  (Read 4356 times)

notoc

• Coppermine newbie
blank pages after upgrade to 1.4.4 from 1.3.2
« on: March 16, 2006, 11:57:14 pm »

Perhaps I've just been too dense to find the solution on the forums but after a few hours of searching and sifting through posts I'm still stuck.

A little bit of background... This photo gallery is NOT my baby. I was called to fix it after cpg132_pictures crashed.

The first thing I did was upgrade to 1.4.4 following the upgrade documentation to the letter.

Being too dumb to ask for help when a repair function was not clearly visible, I deleted the table. Long story short, I messed it up big time. Decided to start from scratch since I've also been charged with culling the photos. Deleted everything but the Albums folder from the server and did a fresh install using the prefix cpg143_ and renamed cpg143_pictures to cpg132_pictures, uploaded the backup I ftp'd down from the server and fatal errors out the wazoo. Upgraded again to 1.4.4 files, ran update.php and... blank login page and index page...

http://www.rcafp.ca/cgi-bin/pg/index.php

However, pages such as http://www.rcafp.ca/cgi-bin/pg/versioncheck.php or admin.php tell me I don't have permission to access the page, but at least something comes up.

As far as I know they were using the Classic theme with no modifications. But I can't log in to check, I *could* log in *if* there was a functional login page but there's not and I am lost.

Please help the idiot who messes around with things she shouldn't touch at 3am when her brain is on standby.
 :-[
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 04:21:40 am by TranzNDance »

Nibbler

Re: blank pages after upgrade to 1.4.4 from 1.3.2
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 01:01:51 am »

You haven't uploaded all the files, search.php is still 1.3 version, as are others I expect. Delete alll the files in the lang folder and upload only those from the 1.4.4 package.

notoc

• Coppermine newbie
Re: blank pages after upgrade to 1.4.4 from 1.3.2
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 01:59:07 am »

guess I must have downloaded a corrupt copy. Downloaded 1.4.4 from a different mirror, deleted everything in the lang folder, uploaded languages from the recent download, still blank pages. uploaded all files in the root directory with the exception of anycontent.php also from the most recent download and tada! it works. Thanks so much. ;D I wouldn't have caught it on my own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 19 queries.