Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IE 6 cache problem - "No Image to Display"  (Read 12922 times)

Jak

• Coppermine newbie
IE 6 cache problem - "No Image to Display"
« on: January 08, 2004, 05:24:11 pm »

My newest Coppermine gallery site is here.

I have two systems I'm testing on, one with IE5.5 and the other with IE6.0.  On the IE5.5 system, when I do a search in the gallery, the results come up, I click the thumbnail, and the image is shown.  On the system running IE6, I do the search, the results come up, I click the thumbnail, and I get no image, but test saying "No image to display".

I have emptied my cache several times (via the Tools\Internet Options\Delete Temporary Internet Files thing in IE) and have deleted all cookies as well and started from scratch.  I have restarted the system, I have added extra info into the php strings that call the pics (in an effort to jumpstart it). Yet, I still get this problem.  

I also can't switch from Admin to User mode without deleting the cookies from the site each and every time I wish to do so.

Can anyone offer any help?  I really hope that it's only on my system and not happening to everyone running IE6 on our site.  Can someone with IE6 go to the site and try a search for "ghost", "dracula", "ploog", or something like that so you'll get results to check, and then let me know what happens?

Thanks so much in advance.
Jak

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 06:12:16 pm »

Hi,
I use IE 6.0.2800, and I had no problems on your site.  The search worked, and when clicked, I got the full size image.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 09:04:35 am »

same here, search for "dracula" works fine on my pc (W2K/IE6). This strange behaviour of IE6 has been reported before, so I recommend you check these issues:
  • privacy settings ("tools" - "internet options" - "privacy" - ...)
  • third-party software running on your pc (popup-blockers, personal firewalls, internet security suites etc.) that might interfere web browsing one way or the other
  • try deleting the cookies manually (close browser, start windows explorer, navigate to your profile's cookie subfolder (usually something like "c:\Documents and settings\your_username\Cookies") and delete the cookies manually
  • run all known fixes and updates for operating system and browser (in IE: "tools" - "windows update" - ...)
GauGau
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 06:29:04 am by GauGau »

matthewg42

• Coppermine newbie
I have the same problem
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 12:44:22 pm »

I'm getting the same problem with my coppermine installation:

http://www.porpoisehead.net/pics/

Search results come up with thumbbies, when I click on them I get "No image to display".  This is with IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp1.020828-1920.  I'll try with Mozilla and Firefox when I get home (I'm coerced into using this IE dirt at work...  :cry: ).
--
Matthew

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 04:03:29 pm »

Hi Mathew,
again, I had no problems.  I use IE 6, and search feature works well, and image shows.

See gaugaus post above for possible causes / fix on your pc.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

matthewg42

• Coppermine newbie
cookie clean fixes it - bowser bug?
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 04:33:16 pm »

I removed cookies and temp files and cleared history and the problem dissapeared.  

It's weird.  

Probably a rogue cookie or something.  Maybe this is an IE 6 bug?

Anyhow, thanks for checking the site -- always useful to get a second set of eyes at the problem from another location.
--
Matthew

matthewg42

• Coppermine newbie
cookie clean fixes it - bowser bug?
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 04:36:25 pm »

I'll post if I find something more specific

austinmikec

• Coppermine newbie
Re: IE 6 cache problem - "No Image to Display"
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2004, 06:25:28 am »

I had this same problem and it was driving me nuts .. my site would work fine with Mozilla, but IE6 was hosed.  It turns out it was being caused by a bad setting on the clock in my linux server.  IE must do some security checkiing based on this.

TerryG

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 08:08:34 pm »

One of my users is reporting this same error, for the second time this week.  No-one else on the site is having a problem though.

The worst thing is that it is so difficult to reproduce, and she's barely computer literate.

I'll pass along the suggestions listed in the thread, but I'm wondering what else I can do.  Do you think enabling DEBUG for her would help pin-point the problem if it is cookie related?

Terry

TerryG

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 08:41:28 pm »

The fact that it ONLY happens on the search screen thumbnails must indicate something.  I'll have to dig into it more this weekend.

The one user who is having problems reports that although clearing the cookies fixes it for some period of time (one session perhaps?) it keeps re-ocurring.

I've had her check her cookies, and all the other suggestions listed above but that hasn't kept the problem from reocurring.

Very annoying

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2005, 09:58:41 am »

make her check caching settings of the browser as well.

TerryG

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2005, 11:34:31 pm »

she cleared all her local caches -- cookies, files -- at our initial suggestion.  It solved her problem but only until her next attempt to log on.

T.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 08:17:10 am »

I didn't mean "clearing the cache", I meant "caching settings" in the bowser configuration. It's a suggestion only. Another thing to look into is client sided "security software". Norton Internet Security is notorious for messing up "regular" browser behaviour, I suggest temporarily disabling it and checking if this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.