Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with new user registration  (Read 5637 times)

matisse

• Coppermine newbie
Problems with new user registration
« on: March 13, 2006, 05:11:18 am »

Hi

I've just recently created a coppermine gallery http://www.matisse.com.au/gallery/.  I have had different users register and upload images to this gallery in a trial phase.

In most of the new user registrations, they have emailed me and stated that the link will not work in the confirmation email.  This has been the case whether they click on the link, or cut and paste it into the address bar.  One user commented that they received a syntax error when they clicked on the link.  I suspect that the link is being broken somehow, but users have assured me they've cut and pasted all of it, including broken lines and it still hasn't worked. 

I asked them to forward their original email to me with the link, and I was easily able to click on the link and register them (the link was not broken).  I am not sure what would have caused this to occur, and if there's any advice I can give new user's to avoid this issue.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Michelle

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problems with new user registration
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 05:16:48 am »

In Config, what do you have for the ecard URL?

matisse

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 05:21:23 am »

In the part that says "Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards", I have put "http:///www.matisse.com.au/gallery/" ... ah... wait.. seeing the /// thing there now... would that be the problem? 

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 07:08:05 am »

It's possible. Have you changed it and tried a test registration?

matisse

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 09:50:27 am »

I've fixed it, but I don't believe it was the problem, as some users were able to register without a problem, and I was able to register those users that forwarded me their email simply by clicking on the link provided.

Since fixing it, I have had one other used state they have had problems.

Michelle
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.