Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "  " Problem  (Read 13926 times)

sIRoTTER

• Coppermine newbie
"  " Problem
« on: March 12, 2006, 01:18:46 pm »

hello guys,

i've got a Problem with "  ". I'm using a cpp 1.3.3 updated to 1.4.4 . When I'm opening a picture in an extra window to show the full size picture the gallerie shows a  and the picture. I've got also problems with the german "umlaute". I'm using the german language file.
Also when I'm doing some batch-inserts the new pictures aren't shown like bevor.

My Gallerie ist hosted on http://kks06.kk.funpic.de/gallerie/index.php

Would be nice if theres a solutions for this problem.

Andy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "  " Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 01:28:09 pm »

That's a BOM - my guess is that you haven't upgraded all files. Use versioncheck.php to find out. Another reason might be that your free webhost is injecting code into the output.

sIRoTTER

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 01:50:02 pm »

everything looks fine.
Only a problem with the ukrainian language file but it doesn't matter.
still the same problem. I'm not sure about my hosting. But why does it now matters and not with the 1.3.3 version?

Andy

closer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:52:23 pm »

I had this problem with something else a couple of months ago, it was something dreamweaver added only when the file was saved... when I used notepad to edit the file the signs were gone... never had it again though but thought I should mention this...

martl

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 11:34:49 pm »

i had the very same problem at my gallery. Close resarch showed that my "template.html" contained these characters at the very behginning, before the "<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC" stuff.
 i needed to change my editor to hex mode to see it, Textpad suppressed them  :-\

i have no idea what caused that to go there. possibly some editor put that in, i suspect either Textpad or Notepad...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 09:51:06 am »

some editors add those funny characters for utf-8 files, but don't display them. Get a decent text editor that doesn't add unwanted stuff. Template.html shouldn't be utf-8 anyway.
Read more by searching this board for the term "BOM" (byte order mark).

sIRoTTER

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 06:27:05 pm »

I'm going to test it but currently I'm not able to edit the template.html. I dont know why?!!?
I try it a little bit later.

Andy

edit: I've to change the access modus. But it's the same problem.
edit2: I've got a problem with uploading the template.html : it is 1.562 kbyte but it should be 1.609kbyte. When I upload the file I allways get the smaller size.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 06:39:33 pm by sIRoTTER »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 07:01:25 pm »

what FTP app are you using? Are you sure that your operating system and your FTP app use the same method to calculate file sizes? As you may know, 1k is not exactly 1000, but actually 1024, so there might be slight differences. To verify that the file didn't get changed during upload, download it again to another location and compare the two local copies of the file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.