Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Comments Function  (Read 3194 times)

ksteele

• Coppermine newbie
Lost Comments Function
« on: March 11, 2006, 04:04:50 am »

1st and foremost - A huge big thanks to all the help from the Moderators that make up this support forum!

CPG = 1.4.4 / no bridge to anything
PROBLEM = I have lost the comments function and don't know why? I have comments enabled everywhere and have search thru the php's - but don't know where to start to look. I'm generally pretty good with these things - so if you could point me in the right direction, that would be great.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 10:43:14 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Lost Comments Function
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 09:31:52 am »

you allow comments on the groups page (users can/can't post comments). Then there's an individual switch for each album (check album "properties") - only if comments are enabled there and the users are allowed to post comments in general (depending on your groups page settings), comments will work. For details, post a link to your page and a non-admin test user account with comment privileges.

ksteele

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Lost Comments Function
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 09:01:06 am »

SOLVED:
thanks so much for your help, I was dumb...  :-\ . The way I setup my gallery there is no main page or Index.php to return to... I send everyone (including the admins back to my INDEX.HTM) thus, I couldn't get to the album properties without using my direct URL to get there. Creates a bit of a problem when you work in several different directions at once, as I do. Thanks again, "K"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.