Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upload timeout?  (Read 2511 times)

bronchandes

• Coppermine newbie
upload timeout?
« on: March 10, 2006, 09:33:44 pm »

hey everyone.

i got a small upload problem. still im not sure what it is exactley but i got an idea. if i try to upload a large number (>20) of pictures with the batch/add files mode, i get "red cross" (cant load) images. but some "ok" as well.
so i made some changes in the php.ini (max_execution_time = 90; max_input_time = 120; memory_limit = 30M). these new settings turned out to have a positive effect on my problem. but still. a large number of pics "crashes" the batch/add files process.
it seems to me (also found something in the documentation) that multiple files are handled (rezised, thumb creation) at a time. if there are too many files, the script timeouts...?

i would love to hear your opinion about this issue.

greetings. bronch

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: upload timeout?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 09:20:18 am »

sure, it may time-out depending on the number and size of pics and your server setup. That's why there is a note at the bottom of the screen to reload the page (by pressing [F5]) to continue where the script has timed out.

bronchandes

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 07:53:59 pm »

i did see that comment. but still. when adding a lot of pictures this gets very annoying. would it be possible to put an option in the config which makes the script to process one image at a time? i guess this would solve the timeout problem....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:35:17 am »

if there was such a simple solution, then we would have made it default behaviour, don't you agree?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.