Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move albums folder to diffrerent drive?  (Read 2894 times)

Antax

• Coppermine newbie
Move albums folder to diffrerent drive?
« on: March 10, 2006, 06:46:24 pm »

I have a server with a 9 gig RAID 1 and a 108 gig RAID 5. I installed and setup Coppermine in the standard c:\inetpub\wwwroot directory. Is there any way to move just the albums folder to the 108 gig drive or should I move the entire site to the 108 gig drive?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Move albums folder to diffrerent drive?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 09:53:31 am »

for security resons you shouldn't use the default paths in the first place, as many iis exploits use the default as ways to propagate. Technically speaking, you could change the albums path in coppermine's config or try the third-party tool Winbolic that enables something similar to Lunix symlinks. Self-hosting is not recommended unless you have very good skills and know your way around in hardening your server against exploits/attacks.

Antax

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Move albums folder to diffrerent drive?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 11:37:07 pm »

I'm the IT Administrator of a local newspaper. It is going to be used an in house Photo Gallery to store our local photos for the reporters so security is not a big concern. I tried changing the albums path in the config but it couldn't see the folder correctly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.