Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (solved) moved coppermine now I can't login  (Read 14189 times)

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
(solved) moved coppermine now I can't login
« on: March 10, 2006, 06:37:58 pm »

hello,

my site has been moved to a .com site (www.palmartgallery.com) since yesterday, but something went wrong during the transfer. I got banned and all my users too. I did a sql database backup and tried to import the database, but this doesn't work either..
What are the normal procedures/steps  to repair this problem?

Information
You are currently banned from using this site

I tried to delete the whole site , upload coppermine, run install.php, and fill-in the same personal information.sql acount data..
like I did before (starting with a clean sql database) However I still seem to get the same "You are currently banned from using this site"
I tried to find my username in the sqldatabase but couldn't find my username.. http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/9693/banned7up.jpg
tables seem to look empty

Please help me. I love coppermine and i had everything running, untill the transfer.

Best regards,
Pieter
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 06:17:49 am by GauGau »

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
Re: me too: moved coppermine now I can't login
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 08:42:50 pm »

I tried to delete or truncate the cpg143_banned record too. But I still can't login.

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 08:51:11 pm »

I'd guess you did not create the backup of your database correctly and included only the schema, not the data.

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 09:29:21 pm »

I'd guess you did not create the backup of your database correctly and included only the schema, not the data.

I did backup the site currectly and that did work before. The following has happend: I had a coppermine gallery at awardspace.com
then I bought a .com site and got (while the .com domain registration was pending) a temporary place to put the site.. I succesfully transfered the whole site.. Today the .com site got registered and they have included all my data from the temporay place to the .com
And i got full acces to the .com domain now. However nothing seems to work
I tried uninstalling coppermine, which means i deleted all the coppermine data and even the sql data..Then I tried to install coppermine again , (clean install) . However after the install it still says I am a banned user.. I deleted all my cookies too, I even tried to login at another computer..

please help

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 09:25:47 am »

moving a coppermine site from domain a to domain b doesn't involve running install.php - you just move the files and restore the mysql dump from the old domain on the new one, that's all. I'm not sure what you did, but you should try my suggestion. Also make sure that you have a full dump and not only the schema (as Nibbler suggested).

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2006, 06:24:56 pm »

i tried it many times and I moved the site exactly like it should be..  ??? are you sure this isn't a bug? I tried a clean install too but this doesn't seem to work either.

Evey users who goes to the page will be automaticly banned.. I truncate the banned database but every ip adress will be registered again once he tried to login.. truncate the banned database doesn't work, everytime it shows my ip adress after the installation

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 06:35:24 pm »

Here are my host details, does mysql 5.0 has to do anything about it? mysql4.0 is recommend for coppermine.
Windows Server 2003 WE
Apache 2.2.0
PHP 5.1.2
MySQL 5.0.18-nt
PHP Extensions
- xsl
- gd2
- mysqli
- pdo

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 10:41:32 am »

Here are my host details, does mysql 5.0 has to do anything about it? mysql4.0 is recommend for coppermine.
MySQL4 or better

- mysqli
mysqli is not the same as mysql. You need mysql to run coppermine, it won't run with mysqli.

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 07:46:36 pm »

i'm sorry but i doubt this is the problem because the site worked(using the same host) but after moving it didn't. Somehow anyone get's banned.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2006, 07:19:40 am »

hard to imagine. Browse coppermine's banned table - check if there are entries in it. Clean it if necessary (don't delete the table).

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006, 08:39:26 pm »

i tried this many times,  I think I give up since my host settings are:

Windows Server 2003 WE
Apache 2.2.0
PHP 5.1.2
MySQL 5.0.18-nt (MYSQL 4.0 is recommend for coppermine, however got it working ones..)
PHP Extensions
- xsl
- gd2
- mysqli
- pdo

One last question: Will there be MYSQL 5.0 support in the near future? Yes, when?

Best regards

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 06:48:17 am »

mysql5.0 is already fully supported.

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 11:34:36 am »

mysql5.0 is already fully supported.

I can login now but it's only because i had to made some adjustments in the config.inc.php file.. However I can't save my  setting(Gallery Configuration)s.. Is there something wrong with config.php/admin.php? i am using Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.4 (stable)
It doesn't seem to save my new settings e.g. users can register.

getting errors too while going to certain tabs like the
 categorie tab.
Code: [Select]
While executing query "UPDATE cpg143_categories SET parent = '0' WHERE parent=cid OR parent NOT IN ()" on 0

mySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1

groupstab
Code: [Select]
While executing query "INSERT INTO cpg143_usergroups (group_id, group_name, has_admin_access) VALUES ('1', 'Administrators', '0')" on 0

mySQL error: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 11:42:10 am by pietervdb »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 04:26:47 pm »

there's no file named config.php in cpg1.4.x, so your issues might be related to improper upgrading.

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 06:00:25 pm »

there's no file named config.php in cpg1.4.x, so your issues might be related to improper upgrading.

i was wrong about config.php the file isn't there indeed but why doesn't my settings get saved after I entered the data? (admin.php)?

pietervdb

• Coppermine novice
SOLVED
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 12:34:36 am »

Site's online and working perfectly now. www.palmartgallery.com It was my host's fault they made a minor change in the MYSQL version. Thanks for all the support, it was VERY appriciated.

Many many thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.