Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Even I have the "Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image" problem :(  (Read 4505 times)

joshwaa

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

When I try to Batch Add Files from a location on my webspace, the files do not upload and when I click on the link to check the details of the upload, I get the "Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image" error message.

I know my webspace provider is running PHP in safe mode so I have tried the workaround suggested by kegobeer.

Unfortunately, that hasn't worked so I have created a test account (login: test, pass: test) at my gallery at http://www.joshlee.co.uk/gallery

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Josh

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Everything works as expected fro me when doing a regular http upload (see http://www.joshlee.co.uk/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1). Send me a PM that contains a link to this thread and an admin account, so I can look into batch-adding.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

you didn't PM me an admin account, but a regular user account. Regular users can't batch-add, so I can't test this any further.

joshwaa

• Coppermine newbie

Sorry about that, I think I changed it to admin now with the same login details.

Thanks

joshwaa

• Coppermine newbie

Hi

Did you manage to see what the problem with batch adding was?

Regards

Josh

joshwaa

• Coppermine newbie

Despite trawling through the forums - I am still unable to batch add pictures to my gallery. If anyone could shed some light on this problem for me, I would be very grateful.

Thank you!

DeadKenny

• Coppermine novice

Same problem here. I've checked carefully the permissions and even done the patch to picmgmt.inc.php, but batch adding always fails. Had no problem before in 1.3.x versions. I don't want to use the manual upload feature as I copy a lot of photos direct to the album over my network and create the 'normal_' images using IrfanView as Coppermine is way to slow at generating them on my old 400Mhz server. Though maybe that's the problem, i.e. we can't pre-create thumbnails/reduced-size images now?

For info I'm running Fedora Core 2 (yeah I know I should update it) with php 4.3.11 (1.fc2.4.legacy), Apache 2.0.51 (2.9.5.legacy), MySQL 3.23.58 (16.FC2.4.legacy) and ImageMagick 6.2.0.7 (2.fc2.4.legacy).

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

don't try to hijack this thread - start your own instead, doing as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.

DeadKenny

• Coppermine novice

Sorry, it's just it's the same problem and normally forums jump on you for creating duplicate threads on the same topic. Had no intention of hijacking, I'm just reporting the same problem as it may be of help to the original poster.

I've raised a new topic.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 02:01:42 pm by DeadKenny »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.