Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cpg1.4.4 vs ImageMagick - bug?  (Read 7259 times)

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • Horse poor!
    • Saddlebred World Gallery
cpg1.4.4 vs ImageMagick - bug?
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:16:06 am »

I've just done a fresh install of cpg1.4.4 for a client on my server, and got errors during the install that cpg1.4.4 could not find ImageMagick.

Put a test install of cpg1.4.4 on my test site on the same server, and got the same errors. There is a copy of cpg1.4.3 running on that test site which uses ImageMagick, and the path that was put into both installs of cpg1.4.4 is exactly the same as the path used by the cpg1.4.3 install:
/usr/bin/X11/

Tried just letting the install go without the ImageMagick path, and changing it in config after the install. That gives no errors when you upload a file, but no thumb or intermediate image, either.

Tested the cpg1.4.3 install by uploading files, and that was working normally.  I then upgraded that cpg1.4.3 install to see if it would lose ImageMagick after the upgrade, and it did not.  So the problem only seems to happen on a fresh install.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 08:28:03 pm by Blueiris »
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

Makc666

• Translator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Русский (ISO-8859-1) - Russian - Ðóññêèé (Windows)
    • Makc's home page
Re: cpg1.4.4 vs ImageMagick - bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 08:43:51 am »

I've just done a fresh install of cpg1.4.4 for a client on my server, and got errors during the install that cpg1.4.4 could not find ImageMagick.

Put a test install of cpg1.4.4 on my test site on the same server, and got the same errors. There is a copy of cpg1.4.3 running on that test site which uses ImageMagick, and the path that was put into both installs of cpg1.4.4 is exactly the same as the path used by the cpg1.4.3 install:

I made a fresh install of 1.4.4
I have ImageMagic here: /usr/local/bin/
But I have in php.ini
open_basedir = /usr/local/www

If I have:
open_basedir = /usr/local/www
CPG can't find ImageMagic during install

If I have:
open_basedir = /usr/local
CPG can find ImageMagic during install

So. If CPG can find ImageMagic or not is only depend of open_basedir in php.ini
This condition was always present in all versions of CPG 1.3.x and 1.4.x

Tried just letting the install go without the ImageMagick path, and changing it in config after the install. That gives no errors when you upload a file, but no thumb or intermediate image, either.

Tested the cpg1.4.3 install by uploading files, and that was working normally.  I then upgraded that cpg1.4.3 install to see if it would lose ImageMagick after the upgrade, and it did not.  So the problem only seems to happen on a fresh install.

I made the same thing for 1.4.4.
1. Set back open_basedir in php.ini to open_basedir = /usr/local/www
2. Didn't give any path for ImageMagic during install
3. After Setup go to Config panel.
4. Choose Method for resizing images ImageMagic.
5. Set Path to ImageMagick /usr/local/bin/
6. Saved
7. Upload a JPG image and all was Ok.  Thumb are intermediate image were generated and shown.

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Horse poor!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:40:10 am »

Interesting point, but I think that our server configurations are quite different. Open_basedir is not and has never been set in my php.ini file. However, cpg142 and cpg143 have no trouble with the path to ImageMagick on install. In fact, in order to satisfy my client, who wanted a gallery up and running instantly, I did an install of cpg143 with ImageMagick and then simply upgraded to cpg144.

After more testing, cpg142 and cpg143 don't seem to care whether the path to IM is set on install, or after install in the config. On a fresh install, cpg144 can't find IM either way.

I'll still use "bug" with a ?, since I don't know what's going on here. Will dig into it more tomorrow after I get some sleep. Appreciate any and all ideas!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink - he's got to discover that it's wet for himself.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:47:33 am »

I can't replicate this at all - when doing a diff view on the install.php files from cpg1.4.3 to cpg1.4.4, they don't differ at all (except in the file header and a <br> tag being changed to <br /> that can't make any difference). The only file that get's included in install.php is include/sql_parse.php, which hasn't changed either. I'll try this as soon as I get access to my test server that has ImageMagick and report back.

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Horse poor!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 10:38:40 am »

For what it may be worth - I just did an install of cpg144 under Easy-PHP on my PC, and it took the Windows path to IM without a hitch.

This is frustrating! Unfortunately today was the first time I even unzipped the cpg144 file. A bug got into my system, of the flu variety, and took me right off my feet for near onto the last three weeks. I was kind of surprised that I didn't find this already reported as an issue.

Blueiris

• VIP
  • Horse poor!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 08:27:46 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and mark this "invalid". Whatever it is, it seems to be unique to the one server - I can't duplicate it on a different server. I'll try to figure out what is happening when I get caught up on my backlog of work, and if it's anything worth posting about, I'll update then.

niuserre

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 05:24:51 pm »

I'm having the same problem. My ImageMagick is located at /usr/bin/convert/ but neither putting it in during installation nor in the config file works.

There's no open_basedir either affecting it so it's not that.

Have you got any further with it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.417 seconds with 20 queries.