Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Password please  (Read 4125 times)

lennox22

• Coppermine newbie
Password please
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:26:47 am »

I think someone hack my computer and changed my password, and the email, i doubt it anyway, but i cant get into my gallery, is there any solution to this, thanks.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Password please
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 05:57:26 am »

The password is stored in "cpg_users" table in database. You can access the database via phpMyAdmin or any other database tool provided by your webhost. Just browse that table and see what the current password is.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

lennox22

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 11:55:14 am »

hate to be a real pain but i did go into the database, im not too good at what to do when i go there, i did see tables in there but i dont know what to do to get the password, it would break my heart if i did something and damage my gallery, if u can can just tell me what to do thanks.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 12:27:18 pm »

If you are using phpMyAdmin follow the steps given below.

• Open phpMyAdmin
  • On the top left hand side there will be drop down box. Select the database in which you installed coppermine
  • Then a list of all the tables in that database will appear below that drop down box. Click on cpgPrefix_users table (Replace cpgPrefix_ with the prefix you have used)
  • Then on the right hand side the table structure will be shown. Click on "Browse" link in the top menu (right side)
  • All the records in that table will be shown. Generally the first record is the admin record. Get the password from "password" field of that record.

Abbas
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.