Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User gallery vs albums in a Catagory....  (Read 3582 times)

finnbogg

• Coppermine newbie
User gallery vs albums in a Catagory....
« on: March 07, 2006, 02:48:55 am »

Example.   If steven registers a screenname and password .
He is allowed to put photos in his album under the "Users Galleries" catagory

Now lets say I have a Catagory  titled  " Nascar"    *** not a group.....****

and in the catagory I have 2 albums   1 titled brick house 500  and the other is titled  Taladaga.  Steven just got back from taladaga and has some photos to share. How can he put photos in that album.

Other users can see the pics.  and if they next year go to taladega and want to share they can as well. But In the catagory  "Hunting"  Jeff doesnt want anyone but him adding photos to his album "Deer"

Is what i just described possible?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: User gallery vs albums in a Catagory....
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 08:01:33 am »

allow uploads to public albums for the group steven is in in coppermine's groups page, then specify in the "properties" dialog of the particular album steven is suppossed to upload to "visitors can upload=yes". Read the docs.

finnbogg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 08:53:16 am »

This is why I posted a topic about wording.  And I have read the Docs. But still need a lil guidance. Maybe I need a lil "click here and go there and toggle this"

From what your telling me,,,,, the only way a "registered person" can add photos to more albums than just the "User Galleries" section....... is to be a member of a specific "group"
and even then he is only allowed to add photos to album contained with in that "group"

The wording in the Documentation is what is making me more confussed than anything
 Visitor/Guest/User/Member/  to me they are all different.   

If you will I will give you the temperary screenname and password to my admin and you can make me a example?  then I can go in and see what settings you used.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 09:00:27 am »

If you will I will give you the temperary screenname and password to my admin and you can make me a example?
no.
Do as I suggested: go to the groups page. Allow upload to public albums there for the group steven is in. Go back to the coppermine start page. Navigate to the category "Nascar". Click on "properties" next to the thumbnail that represents the album "brick house 500". When the page has finished loading, switch the option "visitors can upload" to "yes" and submit the form then.
Next, log out as admin and log in with a regular test user account (has to be in the same group as steven). Try if everything works as expected. If yes, log back out, log in as admin and contact steven, telleing him that he is now allowed to upload to "brick house 500". That's it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.