Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coppermine critical error: Unable to load Template  (Read 3378 times)

cornelp

• Coppermine novice
Coppermine critical error: Unable to load Template
« on: March 06, 2006, 12:14:38 am »

I have searched the forums, but yet nothing came up for this.

There were no changes at all. Yesterday the gallery worked no problem everything was good. Today, I went to the gallery and bam, I get this.

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to load template file template.html!

I cant even get to the admin side to see what happened.

What can I do? Do I have to redo the entire installation or what?

THANKX VERY VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

Site:
http://www.softlightcreations.com/Gallery/

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Coppermine critical error: Unable to load Template
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 12:26:02 am »

There's something wrong with the default theme you are using. When I switched to classic, it works, although that's not exactly the classic theme: http://www.softlightcreations.com/Gallery/?theme=classic

Reupload your theme folder.

cornelp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 01:55:53 pm »

Thank you Tranz, I was able to at least get in and try to make changes.

The problem is that when I try to change the theme to Default, or any other theme, it still shows the same theme. After i change the theme(I changed it to Hardwired to test), and then went back into Admin, the theme showing in admin screen was still WaterDrop. It went back on its own to the other one, so it seemed that it didnt save the new settings for some odd reason.
And 2, when I press the Home Button it takes me to the last uploaded pics. (http://www.softlightcreations.com/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup).

What do I have to do so that i dont loose the albums and pics uploaded already? Do I have to delete the themes folder and re-uload the themes?
Will that remove my albums and pics?

Thank you...

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 05:04:56 pm »

In Config, check the URL that is set for the Home button.

I think there is a theme.php file in your Gallery folder. If there is, delete it. If that is not the case or does not resolve the issue, try deleting the entire themes folder and reupload the themes. This won't affect your pics since they are in a separate folder called albums and the information about them is stored in the database.

cornelp

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 06:38:05 pm »

Thankx Tranz for the help. The home button for some reason had the wrong link to the home page, weird one, lol.
As for the theme, no theme file in the main Gallery, so I guess I will delete the whole Themes Folder and re-upload them and see wha happens.

Again thankx for your help, much appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.