Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hosting Problem or CPG problem? (Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127  (Read 4416 times)

severeidaho

• Coppermine regular visitor

My error when I click Image that doesnt show up after supposedly adding the files=

Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: 127

Most likely this is a problem with my HOST,  ALL directories that need be CHMODDED to 777 are all set.  I used auto Mode for the FTP Upload.  This is the first occurence of the problem,  Last 4 albums I batch added which is prolly almost 200 files worked fine 5 weeks ago. 

gallery URL=  http://www.severeidaho.com/gallery/

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!!!!!!!!!

-gerrit
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 06:13:14 am by TranzNDance »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Did you search for the error message?

severeidaho

This is what happens...........

Batch ADD OPtions-

Add folder from Albums directory (directory is chmodded to 777 along with all the other Image 777 directories as included in the Batch add help document posting. 

I get to the part where it lists my files,  I click "OK" and it takes me to the screen where I can either select part or all of the files.  The thumbnail displays as a "RED X",  I click the file name,  it shows the images correctly, However on the screen it still wont show a picture thumnail, just the red X as if the file is bad or my Directory inst 777.

I still try to add the Files by clicking OK,  In the next process I still get a X, when it really should have showed "OK" or the other abbreviations that will let me know how the transfer went. 

I clicked the RED X in the final part and thats when I got the message. 

I contacted my HOST, but no repsonse yet. 

Anything like this sound familiar?

-gerrit

severeidaho

By The WAY- I checked an album that Was succesfull in a Batch add process before, and the pictures showed up fine.  I believe I have around 5-7 new albums created in the Albums folder for batch adding.  Every folder is Chmod 777. 

No errors show up at all Unless I click the red X image.......

-gerrit

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

That ImageMagick error means that you have specified a wrong path to ImageMagick or that ImageMagick's convert executables don't have the proper permissions assigned or that you simply don't have ImageMagick on your server. That's why Thu suggested to search for your error message: this has been asked and answered many times over. Our recommendation: use GD instead of ImageMagick (Coppermine's config: Files and thumbnails advanced settings -> Method for resizing images). If this is not an option for you, ask your webhost for the actual path to ImageMagick (you can't make it up).

severeidaho

Alrighty,  I should have figured it out myself.  I had no clue that the option changed.  I changed back to GD and now I am good to go.  Thank you guys very much for the help. 

Maybe in the Btach-ADD Help POst you oughta add clips from this Message,  Im not sure how many servers have ImageMagick,  But Knowing To change to GD helped me out. 

Thanks Again........

severeidaho

BTW-  Please go to my gallery Located in first Post.  Go to Vacation Albums and see if the Pictures show up as a Very Poor image.  I noticed that Clicking on the Thumbnail to get a larger version is the same, However if you click the enlarged screen to get the FULL preview then the picture shows up as the original quality.  I dont recall making any changes to my Files etc. 

Any Feedback?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Try GD2 instead of GD

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

severeidaho

Thanks for all the Help and Info.  I am good to go now. 

-gerrit
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.