Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Usergroups Able to view an album?  (Read 3699 times)

maryp

• Coppermine newbie
Multiple Usergroups Able to view an album?
« on: March 02, 2006, 07:37:00 pm »

I have various levels of usergroups.. for instance:
 Members : Lowest level of registered viewers.. they can see all "Public" albums and a few "special" albums
 SuperGroup: Higher level for trusted members.. I want them to see all albums that "Members" group can see PLUS some other more restricted albums.
 Admins: Can see everthing

Right now..if I set an album to "Members" Permission.. then the Supergroup can't see it.

I am bridged with my IPB Forum.. I set up each of these groups as the members "main usergroup" there.

Any suggestions?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Multiple Usergroups Able to view an album?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 07:47:34 pm »

none, except making the members of "supergroup" belong to the "members" group as well. In fact, all your users should be in the group "registered" (or "members", if you prefer renaming the deafult group). The privileged group of users should be in "supergroup" as secondary group.
It might be helpful if you posted a link and non-admin test user account...

maryp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 09:56:32 pm »

I agree.. they all are in plain old "members". 
 But after I bridged and started looking at different ways to control who sees what.. I noticed that the gallery doesn't recognize "sub groups".. only whatever the main group for the person is.
 So I put the Super Group in that as a main group.. NOW .. I just checked and you are right..the people I put in "Supergroup" .. don't have members as a "sub group".. HOWEVER.. if when they were Members with "Supergroup" as a "subgroup" the gallery didn't recognize that.. I'm not sure it will recognize "Member" now..

the main link to my gallery is:
http://www.colinfarrellfansite.com/gallery

For testing I made user: galleryguest
    password: helpme
I made galleryguest a "SuperGroup" member ..with "Member" as a sub group.
 I set the following album as "Members Only" (which is how I set the album I had problems with earlier..Supergroup couldn't see it)

If you can see it..then we've solved the problem.. although I don't know why subgroups weren't recognized before ;)
 I'll have some other members test for me as well..
Here is the "Members Only" album
http://www.colinfarrellfansite.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=258

Thanks for your help!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 08:01:39 am »

secondary groups aren't taken into account when bridging (at least for some bridges afaik). You should upgrade to cpg1.4.4 asap though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.