Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Integrating online printing services  (Read 14741 times)

Carsten

• Coppermine novice
Integrating online printing services
« on: January 04, 2004, 11:10:08 pm »

Hi,
I hope it's ok to open a new thread about printing services.

Probably it's a typical situation roRisc described in http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=26&start=19.
Imagine a class reunion, you shot some pictures to have them at your website. It would be great for your old school mates living some hundred kilometers away to have "real" offline photos.

I found a thread on the menalto gallery website where it seems that a guy has found a good solution to print your fotos to different services (not everybody lives in the United States ..)
http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7792
If there are different ways to communicate with different labs it would be nice to implement it in modules to coppermine so that the user could choose which service to take.

I really would appreciate it if such a feature would be implemented in one of the next versions.

Thanks for your work so far,

Carsten

roRisc

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://rom.ods.org
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 12:25:47 am »

here's my post again..

.. my case is different.
I run a site with friends' photos, and a lot of them have requested prints.

I'm currently using the "add To my favouries" link to make them chose the photos, then I dig in the DB look for the files (pray to god it's not more then 30) then simply.... take the photos on a disk.
go to my corner photoshop (BLACK'S or LOBLAWS) and print them
then meet with my customer(/friend) and pass them over.

hope this is useful for those of you that ... 'see' the person you deal with.

hehe. just got my first 2 customers ..
Note: all photos have the same price..

this aproach is BORING.. but, hey! worthed trying

thank you

I guess I'm not really looking for an online shop sort of thing. but a feature that that the user can select the photos, then send me the list so I can print.

... is there a simple way to look through users' 'Favourites'

/// I think I'll change this to... 'Favourites in Shopping Cart' :)

thank you once again.

Carsten

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 12:50:32 am »

Quote from: "roRisc"
I guess I'm not really looking for an online shop sort of thing.

Ok, I misunderstood you.

but a feature that that the user can select the photos, then send me the list so I can print.

So to carry on the idea above - one could implement a module with the site's admin as "printing service". The admin would be noticed by mail and/or a message in his admin account. After waiting perhaps a week he could see in his admin account how many pictures he has to buy (and for who) and set these figures back to zero.
Would be a nice feature for privat users I guess. And you don't have to store hundreds of 1-2 MB pics at your small website :wink:

... is there a simple way to look through users' 'Favourites'

No. Until now the favourites are not stored in the database but in the user's browser cookies.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 09:15:31 am »

this has been requested before...
The favorites can't be used for this purpose, as they're stored locally with a cookie (unless you have a final step where the content of the favorites is being sent to the server).

GauGau

roRisc

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://rom.ods.org
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 09:24:51 am »

ahhh.. ok... that's why I there is no "Favourites"-related table in the DB...

too bad.

how about.... under favourites(/shopping cart), add a button/link that would read the cokie info and generate the list. (prolly send it to me[admin] and the user through email)
that would be wonderful

.. so. no need for DB to shop this way...
... any shoping carts that work with coockies as I suspect, that you know of?
I'll gladly look through them

thank you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 09:47:45 am »

most shopping carts work with cookies, not server-sided tables (makes them faster). There are loads of shopping cart scripts out there (check hotscripts.com or php.resourceindex.com for a start).
As this was mentioned in the other thread dealing with ecommerce functions for coppermine: it'd surely be nice to have them integrated with coppermine, but for now we have to rely on the coppermine users to code this (and possibly share), none of the dev team will code an ecommerce solution in the near future.

GauGau

Philipp

• Coppermine newbie
integration of fotowire
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 09:20:12 am »

hi,

fotowire.com seems to be a good solution as it offers a network of thousands of labs worldwide.  

But i still have problems integrating it into coppermine. I am not a pro :-)
How can I integrate the following link in the displayimage file ?

Code: [Select]

http://print.fotowire.com/webprint/v2/start.asp?WID=3000&FN=URLOFIMAGE&TN=URLOFTHUMB&IX=IMAGEWIDTH&IY=IMAGEHEIGHT

And how can I define the variables URLOFTHUMB, URLOFIMAGE, IMAGEWIDT and IMAGEHEIGHT. Thank you very much for ur help.

Philipp

snowball7g

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Integrating online printing services
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 02:09:08 am »

Hi,

i like to include a photoprinting service to my coppermine. all i need is to place a link that is like this

<a href="javascript:picturetransfer(URLTOFULLIMAGE', '', '' )"

where can i find the direct link or the name of the full size image that i can place to this  "URLTOFULLIMAGE" ?

Please let me know
snowball7g

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 11:15:54 am »

this has been asked before, please search the board. You might want to take a look at Casper's PayPal hack in the mods section as well.

GauGau

pengrus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004, 08:42:16 am »

If coppermine can come up with a similar solution that is similar to the first link on gallery using fotowire, I would be more than willing to contribute my share of $400 for the team's work.  And if it can be integrated into the standard coppermine core code, I have no hesitation to use coppermine at all and may pay even more for this development.

Dear admin and dev team, would you please kindly consider this?

Thank you!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004, 09:06:33 am »

[...] that is similar to the first link on gallery using fotowire [...]
You mean http://www.fotowire.com/home/html/labs.asp ?

It's nice to hear from someone appreciating the work of the dev team and all people who contribute to this project; and it's nice to hear as well that you're ready to even spend a fair amount of money on a new feature. To attract more (potential) developers, could you post your request on the Looking for Freelancers / Paid help, refering to this thread (your posting will not be considered as unwanted double-posting)? Thanks in advance.

Joachim

Tarique Sani

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • http://tariquesani.net
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2004, 09:07:51 am »

$400 is indeed very generous for this mod - may be you can post this to the Paid Help forum and someone will take up the offer.

P.S. Please note that I am not offering to do it but will freely (in more than one sense) help anyone who does it
SANIsoft PHP applications for E Biz

pengrus

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 09:32:54 am »

[...] that is similar to the first link on gallery using fotowire [...]
You mean http://www.fotowire.com/home/html/labs.asp ?

Yes, and take a look at this as well:  http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7792

It's nice to hear from someone appreciating the work of the dev team and all people who contribute to this project; and it's nice to hear as well that you're ready to even spend a fair amount of money on a new feature. To attract more (potential) developers, could you post your request on the Looking for Freelancers / Paid help, refering to this thread (your posting will not be considered as unwanted double-posting)? Thanks in advance.

Joachim

No, I am concerned about the freelancer job, why? afraid of future update.  That is why I was humbly asking the Dev team to make it this into the core code. 

I have some experience with forum and photo gallery.  In the beginning, I didn't really plan for the printing service offered and I thought that was waste of bandwidth and would be hard to manage.  But you know what, as your community grows, the gallery WITH PRINTING service is an almost must.  I tend to offer two gallery services: one is free for web posting, and the other is paid for printing.  And coppermine so far seems to be the most friendly with forum integration.  However, without a print integration, the gallery, IMHO, is not complete.

As you can see, gallery has already included a very basic "print service" feature.  I would really love to see similiar thing included in coppermine.  And I happened to read the first post on the fotowire, and looks like to me that is a perfect piece of feature to add in.  I imagine it is not hard to add it in.  But I understand that your development team has your own objectives or agenda.  But please kindly consider my suggestion.  I have a huge global community that has lot of photographers and we could use your software to help us and help you.

Many many thanks from a member who has been watching coppermine for a long time, and really want to use it ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.