Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summary of Slideshow mods, flash, direct printing...  (Read 4149 times)

dgennetten

• Coppermine newbie
Summary of Slideshow mods, flash, direct printing...
« on: December 10, 2004, 07:36:04 pm »

I'm new to Coppermine (recent convert from 4Images land) . 

I'm looking for a summary of all available CPG slideshow/flash/swf mods and development activities.

I'm very interested in finding or ultimately contributing to a general purpose album-XML generator that would easily service the large and growing collection of XML-driven photo presentation utilities.  In searching, I'm finding that there are several folks here working with similar ideas. I expect that I am not aware of all the related activity.  Here are some thoughts of mine:

MPV: The MultiPhotoVideo (MPV) standard is catching on and is an obvious XML format for a general photo presentation layer in CPG. If there was a mod that generated MPV Presentation Profile albums, there are a growing collection of well-designed players that could be immediatly used with CPG.

SWF Albums: As I'm sure many are aware, there is a growing array of very-cool XML-driven swf/Flash albums available. My favorite is exposé from slooz (see Trinkets:exposé).  A quick hack to support exposé would be quite popular, I bet. Especially version 4. There's an interesting thread over at 4Images on their foray into album/xml generation and the resulting mod. 4Images keeps their images in a file structure which is particularly convenient for XML-driven presentation tools. Is it also be easy with CPG?

XHTML-print: To my knowledge, no one is yet exploiting the much improved photo-quality printing possibilities of current generation browsers. Rich multi-up template-based printing would be a terrific addition to any album. There are even standards which can now be exploited to this end: the W3C XHTML-print work. This work is being incorporated into the new Mobile Imaging and Printing Consortium's (MIPC) futures and new printers are now appearing which take XHTML-print content directly from mobile devices.  Another good resource: xhtml-print.org

Any feedback or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Douglas
« Last Edit: December 10, 2004, 07:51:59 pm by dgennetten »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.