Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: integrating Viper Guestbook X1  (Read 222812 times)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
integrating Viper Guestbook X1
« on: March 01, 2006, 08:48:03 am »

This skin is for Viper Guestbook X1. It enables the guestbook to match the look of Coppermine Gallery. If you are using Viper 1.2 FINAL, use the skin made for it here.

You can see this skin in my guestbook. You can see that the guestbook appearance will change as you switch gallery themes. I did not enable all the features in my guestbook so not all the possible icons will display.

This new skin version, of course, integrates the new features available in Viper GB X1. It also includes modifications that were previously done after-the-fact. This new version also moved the defines that were previously done in index.php to guestbook.php. If your already-integrated guestbook works fine, you don't have to do anything. However, if after upgrading to X1 you overwrote the defines in index.php, you can go ahead and use the new version of guestbook.php below.

I am going to split up the instructions to help with clarity and reduce clutter.

If you have already integrated the guestbook for v. 1.2, you will need to upgrade to X1 to use this skin. If you have upgraded to Viper X1 already, skip to "USING THE SKIN".

If you have trouble with the functional integration, please visit the guestbook support forums. If the integration works but there are issues with the look of the guestbook in the gallery, please post in this thread.

If you translate your guestbook and don't mind sharing, please do so in the lang file, accessible via the guestbook's admin panel.

While in gallery admin mode, the admin link for the guestbook will appear if you check the guestbook admin option:  Link to administration. However, they still have separate login systems so you would need to enter the correct login to access the guestbook's admin panel.

I haven't tested in CPG 1.3x (and don't plan to). The skin itself should be okay. But the quick installer... I don't know.

The download file is available here: http://www.vipergb.de.vu/
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 08:57:21 am by TranzNDance »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
new guestbook installations
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 08:49:07 am »

For those who have NOT already installed Viper Guestbook:

Option 1: Quick installer

I have created a "quick installer" to make it easier to install the Viper guestbook into an existing Coppermine gallery. Please get the attachment called "viper-in-cpg-install.zip" below. Extract the zip and read the README to figure out how to use it. The attachment only offers the quick installer... you will need to get the latest version of the Viper files from the Viper website. http://www.vipergb.de.vu/. Once the guestbook is installed and you've tested it to your satisfaction, skip to USING THE SKIN

It currently only works for v. X1.0. If you use the latest version, X1.1, for example, the quick installer will fail to add the new mysql queries introduced in X1.1. You will need to do a manual installation if you want to use X1.1 or above.

Option 2: Manual installation

The instructions below were written for those who have not installed the guestbook and/or integrated it to the gallery. If you have installed and/or have integrated it, you can skip the steps that don't apply to you.

GUESTBOOK INSTALLATION
1a) Install guestbook as a subdirectory in the gallery directory.
1b) Make sure that the guestbook functions fine as a standalone before you try to integrate.

GUESTBOOK INTEGRATION
2a) Create a file called guestbook.php
2b) In that file, put this code:
Code: [Select]
<?php 
define
('IN_COPPERMINE'true);
require(
'include/init.inc.php');

pageheader('Guestbook');
define("SCRIPTPATH","guestbook/");
define("MAINSCRIPT","guestbook.php");
define("PFIX","vgb");
include(
"guestbook/index.php");
pagefooter(); 
?>
2c) Save/upload to the gallery directory

3a) Set "URL to guestbook" in the administration settings to "http://www.xy.com/yourGalleryFolder/guestbook.php". Otherwise, the search function and the decoding of private entries won't work.
3b) Enable the option:  Link to administration. Otherwise, the admin link for the guestbook won't show up while you're in Gallery admin mode.

4) Navigate to the guestbook: http://www.xy.com/yourGalleryFolder/guestbook.php to make sure that the guestbook is functionally integrated
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 09:04:35 am by TranzNDance »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Using the Coppermine skin in Viper
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 08:51:04 am »

USING THE SKIN
Now for visual integration...
1.) Download the attachment in this post
2.) Extract (don't just double-click to open/view) the archive
3.) upload the skin/Coppermine folder into the skins directory of your guestbook
4.) In guestbook administration, select "Setup"->"Skin"->"Use Skin"->"coppermineX1"
5.) Click on "Save Setup"

The guestbook should now look like the gallery. If you have enabled the theme selector in Coppermine, the themes will change in the guestbook, too.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
Re: integrating Viper Guestbook X1
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 06:31:13 am »

Hi,

I installed and tested Viper Guestbook which went well using the Standard_English skin and the instructions that came with it. I then applied the CoppermineX1 skin following the above instructions for "Using the Skin" and got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: starttable() in /home/content/B/i/l/BillyBullock/html/gallery-2006/gb/skins/coppermineX1/noFrames.php
on line 5

I went back and created the guestbook.php per your instructions and made the below changes since my guestbook directory is gb instead of guestbook. I also changed the link to the guestbook admin settings as you described above.

<?php 
define
('IN_COPPERMINE'true);
require(
'include/init.inc.php');

pageheader('Guestbook');
define("SCRIPTPATH","gb/");
define("MAINSCRIPT","guestbook.php");
define("PFIX","vgb");
include(
"gb/index.php");
pagefooter(); 
?>

Going to http://www.bullseyephotos.com/gallery-2006/guestbook.php gave me these errors:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/content/B/i/l/BillyBullock/html/gallery-2006/guestbook.php on line 2

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/B/i/l/BillyBullock/html/gallery-2006/guestbook.php on line 3

I'm running CPG 1.4.4 with a modified theme. I did set the theme to the unmodified Classic to see if my theme was the problem but got the same errors. Any help will be appreciated and my gallery is at http://www.bullseyephotos.com/gallery-2006/index.php . Also, the guestbook support forums mentioned above are offline.

Cheers and many thanks for all your hard work,

Billy  :)
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 08:57:05 am »

What are you using to edit the guestbook.php file? Try using a very basic text editor like notepad. Then reupload the file.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 01:23:44 pm »

:P Dang, I had read through the CPG 1.3x posts on this topic several times last night and didn't take notice because I was using wordpad instead of notepad. As always Tranz, you are a hidden gem amoung rubble.  ;D

Cheers,

Billy
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 06:22:14 pm »

Aw, shucks. (http://tu2.net/emoticons/icon_redface.gif)

It is possible to use wordpad rather than notepad. I personally prefer it because it has things notepad lacks. The important thing is to remember to save it as text only and ignore its protests about losing formatting info.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2006, 11:15:07 pm »

Actually what I meant to say is that I didn't change the "Save as type" from "rtf" to "txt". People, this is one to remember and if you do, you'll save yourself a lot of embarrasement at the hands of experts.  ;)

Cheers,

Billy  ;D

claude258

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Album photos Brière
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 07:08:15 pm »

Is it possible to have the dates of messages entries in french?

Actualy it is:
Tuesday, 2006.05.30 22:07

but I would like to have it like this (or something similar):
Mardi 30 mai 2006 à 22:07
or
Mardi, 30.05.2006 22:07

Thanks
Claude

Granis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 07:56:08 pm »

I'm using cpg1.4 and ViperX1..

Whitout the CoppermineX1 theme, the guestbook works fine.. But with the theme switched on, there is no entrys or anyway to make one.

Have a look.

http://granis.bounceme.net/cpg146/guestbook.php

claude258

• Album photos Brière
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 04:53:29 am »

Is it possible to have the dates of messages entries in french?

Actualy it is:
Tuesday, 2006.05.30 22:07

but I would like to have it like this (or something similar):
Mardi 30 mai 2006 à 22:07
or
Mardi, 30.05.2006 22:07

Thanks
Claude

OK I got it! I have to edit langindex.inc

Claude

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 05:08:44 am »

I'm using cpg1.4 and ViperX1..

Whitout the CoppermineX1 theme, the guestbook works fine.. But with the theme switched on, there is no entrys or anyway to make one.

Have a look.

http://granis.bounceme.net/cpg146/guestbook.php
I dunno... maybe it has something to do with you modifying the part of the footer that says "Powered by"

claude258

• Album photos Brière
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2006, 09:19:53 pm »

I am trying to modify the look (fonts, colors, etc...) by editing style.inc in /...../coppermine/guestbook/skins/coppermineX1 but it is not working (no modifications appears...).
I have tried to edit style.inc via FTP and via questbook admin but it is the same results.

Is it the file style.inc that need to be changed or another one?

Claude

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2006, 09:41:58 pm »

I am trying to modify the look (fonts, colors, etc...) by editing style.inc in /...../coppermine/guestbook/skins/coppermineX1 but it is not working (no modifications appears...).
I have tried to edit style.inc via FTP and via questbook admin but it is the same results.

Is it the file style.inc that need to be changed or another one?

Claude
It depends on what you want to change. A lot of the styling comes from the Coppermine theme, which is the point of the skin. If it's fonts and colors, I think it would be in your gallery theme's style.css

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 10:59:01 pm »

Claude,

Bonjour from France  ;D

After install ViperGuestBook, maybe you can simply try to use MiniCMS (here).
Then use inside MiniCMS an "IFRAME" TAG only for use your guestbook. Like me to integrate CPG FR Forum inside my own galery !

Cheers

PYAP

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 11:19:47 pm »

The thing with using an iframe is that the guestbook won't look like the rest of the gallery.

Granis

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 05:15:45 pm »

I fixed the problem.
The problem was in display1.php and display2.php, so I used the ones from Standard Skin.

gangavalli

• Coppermine newbie
something wrong in the database
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 11:58:05 am »

Error: The following MySQL query produced an error:  select SORTEDIDS from VGB_COUNTRYORDER where LANG = '#'  1146: Table 'mydatabase.VGB_COUNTRYORDER' doesn't exist
 Script: guestbook.php (X1.0)
 + vgbform => 0

========

what does that mean? there is no table with the name countryorder and because of that the guestbook is not allowing to place entires. this error is displayed after the name field and the remaining fields are not shown.

can someone sortout this?

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 12:08:05 pm »

How did you install the guestbook?

gangavalli

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 01:08:59 pm »

i uploaded everything to /guestbook (latest files from their site)
and also uploaded viper-install.php
and executed viper-install.php with the details and then it says unable to create ht_lock.php, i created it manually as it says and after that the guestbook.php file is not created, so i changed the chmod of coppermine to 777 and then executed viper-install.php file again and this time it was successful. i can see the coppermine/guestbook.php with no entries. when i go to the sign guestbook link, i see the error there. should i install again?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.