Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you put a gallery onto a disc? (cd, dvd) ??  (Read 3451 times)

davedave123

• Coppermine newbie
Can you put a gallery onto a disc? (cd, dvd) ??
« on: February 28, 2006, 07:19:52 pm »

It's probably a dumb question, but is it possible to get it to work? I know we need the database, and I have no idea where to find that on my server.  Image magik? perl, php, yeah.

Just wondering if it is possible. I would like to show my clients my photography, but sometimes internet connection isn't going to happen. So if I could put it on disc, and update it every month or so, that would be awesome.

Any other ideas to accomplish the same thing? Or is it not going to happen with coppermine?

davedave123

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Can you put a gallery onto a disc? (cd, dvd) ??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 07:25:58 pm »

And yes, I have searched the forums... the slurp feature Httrack etc.

What about to get the search feature to work? Am I asking too much at that point?

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 08:02:20 pm »

If you can find some third party application that allows you to run a PHP and MySQL powered website from a disk, then you can run Coppermine the way you want.  If you can't, then you'll have to use something like slurp to make a static copy of your gallery, but there would be no search functions, user input, etc.  You need PHP and MySQL running to do that.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

davedave123

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 09:17:01 pm »

Exactly... that is what I want to possibly do is get PHP and mysql to run. I had someone having me try to install apache.. and i don't know. I can't find anything, so I was just wondering if it was possible. The search function is probably the thing I most want to accomplish, while on a disk. Windows doesn't even like me running PHP... so unless I get a linux laptop and try real hard, I think this is the end of this thread.

Thanks though.

poubao

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Collections du Laos
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2006, 12:43:12 am »

bonsoir,
Dwebpro can do what you want  http://www.dwebpro.com/downloads.php
there is a technical forum for help.
poubao :D
L'incohérence de ceux qui nous dirigent, l'incompétence de ceux qui nous commandent,sont un vibrant hommage pour ceux qui exécutent.
                                          **Général Patton**
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.