Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bizarre Error Report After Upgrade (1.4.4)  (Read 3555 times)

projectego

• Coppermine newbie
Bizarre Error Report After Upgrade (1.4.4)
« on: February 28, 2006, 07:36:27 pm »

Hi all,

I've been using Coppermine Photo Gallery for a few months now and simply love it, great program indeed. However, after performing my first upgrade today (v1.4.3 -> v1.4.4) I notice that there are a massive amount of errors on the versioncheck.php page. I am certain I followed the upgrade procedure down to the T so I am quite baffled.

Anyway, this is what is reported:

(https://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fimg295.imageshack.us%2Fimg295%2F5569%2Fpic0ii.th.gif&hash=ec73d755663dcc0763ac78456eef89c0b03bf083)

I'd hazard a guess that every essential file is reported as "missing", yet my gallery still seems to function correctly and I can assure you I have uploaded and overwritten the old files with the new v1.4.4 files. I can even click on the small white box to the left of the filenames and be redirected to the file, so I'm certain they are all there. I cannot work out for the life of me what is wrong or how it can be resolved. I performed a quick search but was not able to find any threads similar to my own.

As far as I can tell, everything is operating smoothly, but all those misisng file reports make me concerned that there is a problem somewhere that needs rectifying.

Any and all help would be appreciated. Sorry if I missed anything out. :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 09:08:00 am by projectego »

Nibbler

Re: Bizarre Error Report After Upgrade (1.4.4)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 02:45:17 am »

You can ignore that, it doesn't work properly on all server setups.

groentebroer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 09:23:19 am »

I have the same problem, after I updated from 1.4.3 to 1.4.8 .

The issue is that:
Code: [Select]
// step three: go through all files that exist in the repository and check if they're on the webserver as well
if ($webroot == 1) {
$dir = ''; // this is the place to start browsing for root folders
} else {
$dir = '../'.cpg_get_coppermine_path().'/'; // this is the place to start browsing
}

Does not work for my installation.
I installed coppermine directly in the webroot. When running versioncheck.php the "$dir" variable looks in "..//" as a result of $webroot not being "1".

$webroot is 0 as a result of:

Code: [Select]
if (!$_REQUEST['changes']) { // set default settings for options
$webroot = 0;

When it looks for files in "..//" it will not find anything correctly and everything turns red.
Setting the $dir hard to './' works and everything turns green. There is probably something wrong with the path detection, or is this a configuration issue?

Gijs

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 09:55:24 am »

As suggested, version check doesn't work on all setups. Particularly, there are issues when it is being installed in your webroot. Just ignore it, as your users won't notice a difference - in fact, versioncheck is meant as a tool for newbies who have issues upgrading. If it isn't working as expected, just make sure that you have followed the upgrade intsructions to a T. If everything else is working as expected, then just ignore the fact that versioncheck doesn't work for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.