Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permision problems  (Read 3434 times)

jim8

• Coppermine newbie
Permision problems
« on: February 28, 2006, 03:19:59 am »

Hello,
Thank you very much for the help in the past with my install problem which I got resolved now I have another clich. After reading the manual and review lots of post I am unable to find the solution.  I will try to explain as best I can what I am trying to accomplish maybe this can't be done.

Here goes ok, what I would basically like is to have right now only the admin (me) be able to upload pictures and make comments and let user only look at the board (maybe later give them more rights but for now no)

So after I got the install working I basically ftp (using wsftp software) a couple of small gif files to my upload directory (which I gave the 777 permission to the directory and even the files) just for testing. I then went to my Albums and in the category I created a new album called Family Pictures and then I went to my groups and the only change I made was I gave the admin a quote of 1024 kb and I change the file upload box to 1 and the uri upload box to 0.

So right now if you click on my gallery link you will have the following path home >user galleries > (I know this is for coppermine users but here I want it for me as the admin) jim. In the jim (what I call a directory) you will see the album called Family Pictures with the delete, properties, edit files icons and 0 files.

I next clicked to the batch add files and went to the upload directory and saw all the files that I upload but I don't know if this is a problem but the select directory showing the path was grayed out I continued by clicking the ok button and the list of new files with all the files did show up on the right side and the names on the left.  It also had a error message Warning: the script can't write in this directory, you need to change its mode to 755 or 777 before trying to add the files !. What directory are they talking about if all my albums directory have all 777 or 755? I still continued and placed a check mark on one of the files and then I went to the pull down menu on the left side and changed it to say upload to the Family Pictures and then clicked the insert selected files.

The new adding new files to the menu up with a red x on the results. When I click on it says unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

Any help or suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Permision problems
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 08:47:51 am »

if you set the admin file size to 1024 you won't be able to upload more than 1024kb
If the brrowsable batch add interface doesn't work for you, try the standard one. Look down and find
Browsable interface (recommended) yes/ no --> chbose no
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.