Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: resizing on upload to allow bigger images to be uploaded without storing them  (Read 5340 times)

marcnyc

• Coppermine novice

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to set up CPG in such a way that users can upload, for example, 3Mb pictures that are then scaled down for BOTH the thumbnails and the larger image, and then the original 3MP picture is thrwn out... I ask because I would like to avoid storing huge images but I would like to give my users the ability to upload without having to resize on their own computers first.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:39:35 am by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=20999.0

there's a 'backup function'... this one saves to orig image on the server but you easily can remove it... or you upgrade to 1.4x. The new version has that resize feature built in

marcnyc

• Coppermine novice

cool
I just upgraded to 1.4.4
I'll look for that new function in the preferences
thanks a lot!

marcnyc

• Coppermine novice

Now that I have upgraded to 1.4.4 I was wondering:
when a 1600x1200 image is uploaded by the user and I have the max size setting set to 640, will CPG create a thumbnail and a 640x[scaled proportion] image? Or will it create those two plus store the original 1600x1200 which I then have to manually delete? If the latter is true, is there an setting to tell CPG to automatically get rid of the original once both thumbnail and display-size pictures have been successfully created?
Thanks

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt

if you set the 'Max width or height for uploaded pictures (pixels)' and chose 'Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height' then the pic gets resized... no backup or similar
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.