Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch upload sort order  (Read 2539 times)

BWSchultz

• Coppermine newbie
Batch upload sort order
« on: February 27, 2006, 09:20:33 pm »

Hi, when I upload pictures via FTP and then add them to an album via "batch add" the pictures are never in the correct order (correct, for me, meaning chronological).  I understand that reading EXIF data is an often discussed mod and I guess that's where the true chrono sort would come from.  However, let's forget about that for a minute.  I appreciate the "sort pictures" option now in coppermine and it works great for small one-time albums.  But when you continually add pictures to a particular album, they don't quite work right.  My main example is for the pictures of my new house being built.  As changes are made, I keep taking pictures and add them to the site for others to track the progress.  I suppose I could make a new album each time but I would rather not.  None of the (+ - ) search options get it quite right.  Ascending filename is close, but the movies are out of order.  (For instance, with my sony camera, images are DSC01001 and if I took a movie next it would be MOV01002, so all the movies are alphabetically last.)  Again, I could change the filesnames of the movies and just go with that, but would rather not have to do that each time but that might be the best way.

I use "sort by position" as my default in the config.  However, when I go to the sort pictures picture manager page, that sort list is always very much out of order.  For a fifty image album, I have to click about 1000 times to move the pictures up and down the list to get them in order.  It seems that many of the new images go to the top of the sort list (but still out of chrono order themselves) and I have to click the 'down' button 100 times to move a picture from position 1 to position 101.  What I would like to see is when I batch add more images to an album, those images go to the end of the position list, in alphabetical order.  I think my FTP may upload one later picture before an earlier picture and that's the date that is used.

Does anyone have any suggestions or insight into this?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 07:56:55 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch upload sort order
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 09:20:03 am »

use the "sort by filename" option, rename your files before upload with a tool like 1-4a-rename or similar.

BWSchultz

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch upload sort order
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 05:38:55 pm »

I figured that would be the only option. 

I think it would cool if we could copy the "alpha-ordered list" to the "position-ordered" list.  Then I could easily move the few files that are out of order via the sort pictures function.  At it is, the position-order sort isn't even close to the alpha-ordered sort when first uploaded.

But as you said, the best solution is to take care of the sorting outside of coppermine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.