Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: category thumbnails  (Read 3760 times)

lamama

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
category thumbnails
« on: February 26, 2006, 02:18:51 pm »

I fear this is an old topic, but if I have not overseen something, it's still unsolved.

I'm still missing a feature to set a thumbnail for a category that has only subcategories but no albums.

There is an idea for some kind of "workaround", but I've got no idea where I have to implement the code:

Something like a direct link (URL) to a thumbnail-image.
All that would be needed is a additional field for that thumbnail URL in the "edit category"-dialouge. :)

Problem: I tried to set a category thumbnail manually via phpMyAdmin and it didn't work. Coppermine seems to check if the thumbnail is valid so something like that.

Maybe someone can tell me if this kind of hack is a good idea and where to make the changes? Thanks in advance :-)

lamama

• Contributor
Re: category thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 02:39:51 pm »

Argh! I just saw that the thumbs-field inside the category database table is the internal cpg picture index number and no URL.  :-\

Anyway: this hack doesn't seem to work anymore with cpg 1.4.x. If it would work (again?), it would be a great advance until someone comes up with a better idea ;D

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 03:43:31 pm »

this 'hack' still works...

lamama

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 04:30:17 pm »

Hi Stramm,

I modified an entry of my categories table like you suggested in that related topic:

If you are able to modify your db with a tool like phpmyadmin and you don't mind that this pic is somewhere else in your gallery/ other category?

Then create eg an album crap somewhere, upload the pic from wich you want to create your custom thumb into your crap album. Open the pic and click image info... for URL you'll find somthing with pos=-xxxx at the end. You'll need the xxxx

in phpmyadmin have alook at the category table... find the one you want to have your custom thumb for that's not in this category. Now just change the thumb cell to the xxxx from above

The only modification: I took the pic index number form an existing pic out of an album that already existed and did not create a seperate new "crap" album.

But it does not work. I'm testing with a 1.4.3. Classic Theme and Eyeball.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 04:42:59 pm »

you need the absolute pid of the image. If you take the relative one it won't work. You can use an existing album/ pic, theme doesn't matter as long as it displays category lead images

so please do as described... open the image (normal view), click 'pic info' and then copy the picture id (pid). It's starting with a '-'. This - indicates the absolute addressing

Tried with 1.4.3 and it's working

lamama

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 05:12:54 pm »

No, it's not (really) working, but now I guess I know why.  :)

It's just working when you've got an album inside that category.
If there are just sub-categories inside the category, coppermine won't show any thumb.

That's what I mentioned above: Coppermine checks something and surpresses "invalid" thumbs.

Any idea how to change the code to get around these check? ???

All I want is to set a thumb even if no album is inside the category. I really hate the way the gallery looks when some cats have thumbs and some have not ...  :-\

It's starting with a '-'. This - indicates the absolute addressing
Sure, but it has to be without the '-', right?

pufftenticle

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 05:34:08 am »

i read all of this and the other referred to post and understand what ya'll are saying.  is there a way to do it if there is no access to the db ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.