Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: is it save to comment addbutton in cpg1.4.8? it looks it is.  (Read 3778 times)

tomaash

• Coppermine newbie
is it save to comment addbutton in cpg1.4.8? it looks it is.
« on: August 11, 2006, 03:28:35 am »

I am using cpg 1.4.8. and
I was reading all the threads about removing buttons. none of them recommends comment the actuall line

Code: [Select]
addbutton($sub_menu_buttons,'{CUSTOM_LNK_LNK}','{CUSTOM_LNK_TITLE}','{CUSTOM_LNK_TGT}','custom_link',$template_sub_menu_spacer);
but I tried it and it seems to work.

So just want to ask if the problems with commenting those lines were fixed and it is save to do it.
Or is it still recommended to use the final_extract plugin?

Thanx
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 11:24:59 am by Stramm »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: is it save to comment addbutton in cpg1.4.8? it looks it is.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 07:43:21 am »

No, that's fine. You don't have to use the plugin - it is meant for people who don't understand the code at all. You have found the code line that corresponds to that menu item.
However, it doesn't make sense to remove the custom menu link: you simply leave the custom link empty in coppermine's config and it won't be displayed - there's no need to fiddle with the code to accomplish what you're up to.

Sami

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • BMossavari
    • My Project
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 07:44:09 am »

also
Your method is fine if you comment out that line under yourtheme/theme.php and not under theme.inc.php
‍I don't answer to PM with support question
Please post your issue to related board

tomaash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 11:19:41 am »

thanx guys.

I just asked because it used to show up some error messages, according to some topics - probably in older versions, so I wasn't sure.

Hope your answer is also good for new users looking the way how to remove a button from the menu.

I guess it would be quite good to update the sticky thread about removing the buttons...

Thank you again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 02:42:59 pm »

Problem is that there are several possible methods to compose the menu buttons. Your method will work for you (the particular theme desogn you used), but will not work for everybody, as this depends on how the menu is being built in a user's particular custom theme.
That's why it's hard to come up with a comprehensive sticky that will cover all possibilities.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.