Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Treat Admin in User Mode As Register User  (Read 3782 times)

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
Treat Admin in User Mode As Register User
« on: February 26, 2006, 04:35:34 am »

Hello,
First and foremost, thanks for a great App and all the hardwork.

My suggestion is but a simple one. Just thought it be a good idea that Admin in "User Mode" would have same privileges as a Register User. That way an Admin won't need to stay in Admin mode if he doesn't need to use any admin features. This will be safer because of all the "Delete" buttons in Admin mode etc. that could be pressed accidentally. Thanks for the consideration.
-Loyal Supporter
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 10:03:44 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Treat Admin in User Mode As Register User
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 10:03:16 pm »

not an option imo, user mode should be all it takes, or alternatively using a non-admin account.

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 11:04:15 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

Just some feedback. I have a private family gallery only allowing registered users. Im Admin, when in User Mode, there will be no upload allowed to other Albums. That's all I'm pointing out. Thought would be nice to be able to intereacte with Gallery as normal register user also. So I guess what I'm trying to say is...In Normal Mode, Admin should have upload priviledges like Register Users atleast. That way, wont have to always be in Admin Mode because of all the Admin features may be accidently pressed etc. Basically the same logics as any Bulletine board in a way.  Thank you once again.

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 11:42:57 pm »

hehehe...i thought about it...and I guess what Im really asking is, an option to hide all Admin controls and still intereact with the gallery
sorry for all the confusion :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.