Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gallery is blank in Firefox (for everyone but me)  (Read 2505 times)

Birgit

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://birgits.net
Gallery is blank in Firefox (for everyone but me)
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:05:20 pm »

Hiya, guys.

I have this strange problem with an installation of CG; no one is able to see it in Firefox but me. Not even the W3C validator is able to "see" it - but I can, logged in or not. In IE the gallery works just fine...

However, this is on a subdomain- and when I visit using the direct URL instead of the sub (domain.com/sub/gallery/ in stead of sub.domain.com/gallery/), the site turns up blank to me too. The config is set up like this: sub.domain.com/gallery/

I have been racking my brain about this one; I installed no less than seven galleries that same weekend, two other are even on the same domain account, and none of those have the same problem. I have manipulated the files (themes.inc.php and templates.html), but not differently on this gallery than at least one of the others on that account that do work (I've pruned out several of the admin menu links, since the owners of the gallery doesn't know what to do with them anyway).

I've tried with different version of doctypes; different version of charsets; with and without the {META} bit in, still no good.

I'd rather not give out the URL, since this is for my sister's baby (she's a bit anxious about announcing the site in public), but I can provide a link to anyone willing to have a look at it.

I am guessing that this must be a server related problem? Though, how come it's only happening in one kind of browser..?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 07:56:36 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: Gallery is blank in Firefox (for everyone but me)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 11:08:51 pm »

Ensure you are running the latest stable version, currently 1.4.3. Try accessing the site by appending ?lang=english&theme=classic to the url.

Birgit

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://birgits.net
Re: Gallery is blank in Firefox (for everyone but me)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 11:41:26 pm »

Thanks for replying so fast! :)

I do have the latest build, patched and all ;) , but I am using the WaterDrop skin/theme, to which I've added a bit of customising. I've deleted all other themes (but the default one) off the server. Should I try making those changes to the default theme in stead of to the Water Drop one?

And again: the changes I've done to this gallery's theme is the excact same as on the other ones (choosing waterdrop, then customizing this to make it blend with the rest of the site).

// ETA: Yay! Found the problem!

Seems as I've been a bit too eager in deleting files off the server: I am using a Norwegian language file and had the English one deleted... When I restored the English language file, the gallery reappeared. ;) Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.