Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Only can upload to Personal gallery in Normal User mode?  (Read 4467 times)

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
Only can upload to Personal gallery in Normal User mode?
« on: February 25, 2006, 12:04:44 pm »

Hello all,
This seems to be such a minor problem, but yet, I have no idea what else could check to fix this.
When I am in Admin mode and try uploading images, I'll have access to all albums. Yet in Normal User mode, I only can upload to my personal album. I believe I have all permissions correct in Groups settings and all the albums' properties are default at Public so that is why I can't think of anything else. Any suggestions? Thanks again for your help. Here is an image of my Groups settings.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 02:31:33 am by Nibbler »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Only can upload to Personal gallery in Normal User mode?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 06:08:13 pm »

Then why are you going into User mode? As admin, you should stay in admin mode. User mode is just a convenient way to see how things look like for users without having to log out.

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 08:24:01 pm »

That's the point. No users can upload to any albums except their own. I want users to be able to upload to all albums. ;) According to my Groups settings, it looks correct so i'm stumped. Thanks for your help.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 08:34:56 pm »

Have you created albums and allowed uploads to them in their album properties ?

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 09:20:02 pm »

There are two albums. There is not much in the album properties that relates to this that I can see. I don't see any upload permission as far as Groups are concern. Here is an image of one of my album's properties menu. Please let me know if it looks normal or perhaps the options are currupt and I am missing Upload options for groups. Again, im trying to set so Register Users can upload. The issue seems so simple that I have to think it may be curupt files? Thanks once again.

Some info: I previously had Bridge enabled but didn't like it so it is now disabled. There are no registered users yet besides me and a Test account.

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 09:27:27 pm »

Set visitors can upload files to yes.

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 09:40:33 pm »

Unfortunately, that did not solve it. Registered Users only shows personal gallery in the album list while uploading. I appreciate all the ideas. I'll keep troubleshooting.

Last resort, i guess i'll try another reinstall of Database and Coppermine. :'(

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 02:27:28 am »

Ok...Admin in Normal User mode, I guess Im not treated as a registered user as I thought. So I logged in to the registered Test account and it does work properly after changing that in properties. Thanks once agian Nibbler!!!
Solved

aKirA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 02:52:20 am »

I would like to add that, It may be a good Idea to make Admins when In "User Mode" work as a "Registered User Account"  That way Admins wont have to always be in "Admin Mode" when using the Gallery.   It's not very safe to be in Admin Mode with all the admin options on, i.e. delete etc. If you know what I mean. :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 10:50:15 pm »

Well, exactly as Thu told you: "user mode" is only meant to hide the admin controls temporarily, that's all. It doesn't make the admin a regular user. To test what your user can do, always use a non-admin test user account. Please read the docs thorougly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.