Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advanced Category Descriptions  (Read 2741 times)

Sasse

• Coppermine novice
Advanced Category Descriptions
« on: February 24, 2006, 02:49:48 pm »

Hi there!
I want to customize my category-page.
To be honest, I don't like to display the first album in the categories on the main page.
The category name alone is not enough, so I tried to work sth. out with the category description.
I added a list of the newest albums and some random pictures via cpmfetch.

Due to the limited bbcode functionality, the results are not quite that what i tried to achieve. (well it's okay, but not really good)

Have a look:  www.digitized-reality.de

Here is a list of things I would like to improve further, maybe you could give me some instructions how to do it. That would be very nice!

- separate the categoryname from the description with a line
- somehow use the free space on the right side, perhaps with a second description field separated by a line (for random pics etc)
- Display pictures with different size on the same central vertical position, perhabs even the same horizontal offset (center to center)

Well, since these things can't be accomplished by bbcode (at least I think so), is it possible to handle the whole discription by a php (html) frame or sth. else?

I hope you understand what I am trying to achieve! Thx for any help or hints in advance!

Greetings Sasse

Paver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Paul V.
Re: Advanced Category Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 05:57:06 am »

Going through older threads, I noticed this one. 

Looking at your site, it looks like you have solved the first and last things in your list.  The second thing is easy to do with simple text or a static image but would require more work to pull a random image from the relevant category.

There is a rule of "one question per thread" on this forum.  Please try to keep to this in the future.

It also is nice if you would post your solutions on your threads for others who might want to know the same thing in the future.

Sasse

• Coppermine novice
Re: Advanced Category Descriptions
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 10:34:53 am »

Sorry, for that. I had the intention that "how can I customize my category-page" was my question. The other things were just examples I wanted to do.

I didnt solve the problem itself. I worked around it.

What I did was cusomizing my anycontent.php. With simple html cammands I programmed my own "catogory-page". I used cpmfetch/cfimageget for the random images.

Doing this makes only sense if you are the only uploader, because you have to do anything manually.
If anyone wants to know more, feel free to ask.

Greetings Sasse
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.