Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload/Permissions Error Messge, Cant find in Documentation  (Read 2964 times)

t3rm1ght

• Coppermine newbie
Upload/Permissions Error Messge, Cant find in Documentation
« on: February 24, 2006, 03:05:50 am »

I have the latest version of Coppermine Photogallery Installed, but I cannot seem to upload anything, except as an aministrator.

I searched through the documentation on the error messages, but found nothing that helped

First is, when I click on "assigned album(s)" in the "groups" menu, I get this message:

"This group has no special access"

Second is, when I log in with a test registered user (user: test, pass: test) I try to upload and I get this message:

"Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files"

I have catagories created, and albums within the catagories, but cannot seem to find out what is wrong

gallery at: www.csrage.net/gallery
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:18:41 am by Nibbler »

Nibbler

Re: Upload/Permissions Error Messge, Cant find in Documentation
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 03:09:19 am »

Allow uploads to an album in album properties.

t3rm1ght

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 03:16:59 am »

ahh ok, I see, I just figured that option was for guests, confused me a bit, thank you.

EDIT:

A suggestion for that option would be to change the name to "Allow Registered Users To Upload Files"

or something that isnt so confusing, as It made me think that "visitors" meant unregistered useres.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 05:28:59 pm »

that's why there is a help icon next to this option that explains it. It's possible to set up coppermine to allow guest upload as well, that's why we can't label it the way you propose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.