Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding a forum in anycontent.php???  (Read 5058 times)

minipoett

• Coppermine regular visitor
adding a forum in anycontent.php???
« on: February 23, 2006, 12:11:38 am »

is it possible to add a php-based forum in the anycontent.php? do i have to create that file, i can not find it anywhere...  ;)

Nibbler

Re: adding a forum in anycontent.php???
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 12:15:07 am »

You can't have an entire forum in your anycontent, that would be silly. What exactly are you wanting to do ?

minipoett

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 11:26:26 am »

hey nibbler,
what i want is a small possibilty for visitors of my page to communicate in a very simple way with each other (perhaps same as in the comment-section, but not fixed to an image, but having one central communication/news-center). perfect for that would be to have that anycontent-php visable on every side (also in every album...) not only on starting-page to be able to write something about every detail of the page. do you understand what i mean?? is it perhaps possible to modify the comment-script a little and put it in anycontent.php. (but again, do i have to create this file or is it hidden somewhere??) and make that visable everywhere on my site (like the menu-section).
what do you think?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 04:11:13 pm »

take a look at Simple BBS / forum that uses CPG's database - has been written for cpg1.3.x, but maybe you can modify it to make it work with cpg1.4.x as well.

minipoett

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 12:57:52 pm »

a real forum would be too big and take too much space. i thougt about copying the comment-script and put it in anycontent.php, so there will be a small possibility for everybody to leave short comments at the bottom of my side, same as in commenting pictures. i`m not very experienced with php. so, what do you thing? should that be possible and what else do i have to take care of?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 04:08:38 pm »

just use a shoutbox...
or if you want there has been a hack using the comments db for a similar purpose (for 1.3x, but should be easy to convert it to 1.4). Browse the mods board

minipoett

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2006, 10:21:26 am »

thanx for the shoutbox-advice. i installed one in anycontent.php. but how can i get that right next to the album-list. that would look more structured. do you know?

minipoett

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 11:09:25 am »

actually, the shoutbox i installed is not that handy. so i`m again thinking about using the coppermine-comment-function for that. same design and same good features. but can anybody help me with that or only give me an idea if and if "yes" how that would be possible? 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 08:23:45 pm »

find a better shoutbox add-on then. Using coppermine's comments system isn't a bright idea at all, as it is closely tied to the pics, so I wouldn't recommend looking into this any further.

minipoett

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 08:36:21 pm »

ok, that`s what i wanted to know. thanx

poubao

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • Collections du Laos
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 11:43:29 pm »

May be you can install WordPress and use the pluging for Coppermine , very easy intallation take a look on my test site: http://collection-laos.cabiddu.net/, it's not a forum, it's a blog
poubao :D
L'incohérence de ceux qui nous dirigent, l'incompétence de ceux qui nous commandent,sont un vibrant hommage pour ceux qui exécutent.
                                          **Général Patton**
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.