Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help resizing images to 550 pixels max at upload  (Read 6163 times)

CD69

• Coppermine regular visitor
Need help resizing images to 550 pixels max at upload
« on: February 21, 2006, 06:32:41 pm »

I'm currently running 1.3 and don't want to do another upgrade but would like to have images re-sized before they are added to my server if they are to large to 550 pixels max. Our members don't all have the knowledge or software to facilitate the resizing so it would be great to automate.

If someone is interested please let me know.

Thanks

« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 05:02:25 pm by TranzNDance »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Need help resizing images to 550 DPI max at upload
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 10:41:06 pm »

I suggest posting the amount of pics you want converted, along with your budget.

Joachim

P.S. You probably meant 550 pixels width, not 550 dots per inch.

CD69

Re: Need help resizing images to 550 DPI max at upload
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 02:19:43 am »

I suggest posting the amount of pics you want converted, along with your budget.

Joachim

P.S. You probably meant 550 pixels width, not 550 dots per inch.

You are correct I meant 550 pixels max height or width, thanks for the heads up.

I don't want to resize existing images just new images people want to upload moving forward. Some folks just don't have the software to resize images and the people with dial up get hammered with anything larger.

I would like for them to grab any image from their PC's and upload with them getting converted during the upload process. And budget wise, well I guess I would ask someone to let me know what it would cost.

Abbas Ali

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • Spread the PHP Web
    • Ranium Systems
Re: Need help resizing images to 550 pixels max at upload
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 07:20:32 am »

Some folks just don't have the software to resize images and the people with dial up get hammered with anything larger.

The image will first be uploaded and then resized on the server. So if you want dial up users should not be hammered because of large pictures then resizing pics on server is not a good idea since it won't solve the very purpose. The only solution will be resizing pics on client side i.e. before uploading.
Chief Geek at Ranium Systems

CD69

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 05:44:24 pm »

The image will first be uploaded and then resized on the server. So if you want dial up users should not be hammered because of large pictures then resizing pics on server is not a good idea since it won't solve the very purpose. The only solution will be resizing pics on client side i.e. before uploading.

I was talking more about the load times of images to be viewed once they were uploaded. I do not want the larger images on the server so having them resized prior is preferred.

CD69

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 01:30:45 pm »

Solved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.