Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: coppermine/joomla integration  (Read 8739 times)

sir-knight

• Coppermine newbie
coppermine/joomla integration
« on: February 21, 2006, 06:26:39 pm »

okay. after a week with fighting with the mambo/joomla conversion and then the site template... and zoom gallery... and then gallery2.1 and then gallery 2.0.x... and now back with coppermine which worked with my mambo install of last year...

I am at a total freaking loss.

http://dreamers-ink.ca/gallery

This is joomla 1.0.9 I believe

this is coppermine 1.3.3 a release from last year. As you can see, the album columning has gone nuts. I could possibly be looking at upgrading to a newer version of coppermine

if I switch it to 1 column, it fits the given space. for some reason 2 columns explodes it out of the template.

I don't know php and what I know of css has been gleaned from hacking apart my template. However the coppermine css sheet and php file are over my head entirely.

Is there a way to integrate coppermine (maybe a new version) into joomla seamlessly without wrapping?

Here's what I need:

I need a gallery system that manages my content.

what I DON'T need:

complete bridging of logins between joomla and coppermine. As you can see, I am the only user of the site, there is no need for user logins to upload their own things, I don't want/need this feature.

What I DON'T WANT:

People telling me to switch to this or that gallery system or not to use this or that thing. People telling me the site doesn't work in IE,  I've had quite enough of people 'trying to help' by telling me I need to switch to zoom, or gallery2, etc. I can assure you, I've tried and there is a REASON why I am asking what I am asking. Also people telling me to switch providers because of the next thing on the list.

What I do not have:
direct control over my sql database, for reasons my provider has deemed that no user shall have access to their own sql databases. Do not ask because I do not know, IT IS SO

If it's looking like I'm posting out of anger and frustration, you may as well be right, after 7 straight days (basically 16 hours a day) of messing around with switching to joomla and template fixes and generally uploading things over and over again and wasting tons of time I don't have trying to make things work satisfactory, I don't know what else I can do.

I need a free solution to this problem, upgrading to the joombla.com bridged coppermine is not an option at this moment, because right now the system is working decently enough for me, I just want to refine what's there. Aside from the fact that these layout problems STILL may appear in the joombla version.

So, please please PLEASE help me before I go insane. Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 21 queries.