Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hidden gallerys  (Read 7294 times)

ElkySS

• Coppermine newbie
Hidden gallerys
« on: October 05, 2003, 04:30:25 pm »

Is there any way to get a feature to hide galleries from nonregistered users.  I have a little over 13,000 photos on my gallery and was wanting to only make a lelect few of them available to everybody.  which would force people to register on my site so I could tell how many people were using it.  Right now I only have 1 registered, but I know more people are using it than that.  It would also be nice to send out e-mails when I update it and such.  This might allready be part of CPG and I just havn't noticed it or figured it out yet.

boii

• Coppermine regular visitor
Hidden gallerys
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2003, 05:05:33 pm »

yup.
play around with users/groups.

and then in properties of an album you can choose who can view it.
(onyl registered, only admins, everyone, predefined etc).

if a user doesn't have permissions to view an album, it will show up wth a graphic (private.jpg i think) saying its a private album, and clicking on it will render the result 'no image to display'. this way they only haev access to albums which you've granted so.

there's a mod out there (was on the old support board) where you can have private albums not show up in the list as well. i think (and hope) this is included as an option in the next release candidate? (am i right or wrong?)

it's not the MOST powerful permissions schema, but it works. and is being improved from what i understand (multi group albums, users can be in more then one group etc. [and id love to see photos based on permissions within albums, but hey!]).

in any case, play aroudn, its quite simple.
and maybe someone will end up posting that mod.
(which by the way, ilove and use. i just wonder if its implemented in the future, will the stat calcualtions also take in permission levels to account?. right now i have 2 albums [1 public, 1 private]. users only see my 1 public one [i use the mod]. but the stats up top still say (obviously) 2 albums and x pictures (totalling both). i get way too many emails ..'wheres the other album?')

anyway.

cheers.
ken

cheers.
ken

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Hidden gallerys
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2003, 10:37:04 pm »

Quote from: "boii"
there's a mod out there (was on the old support board) where you can have private albums not show up in the list as well. i think (and hope) this is included as an option in the next release candidate? (am i right or wrong?)
this will be in the next version, yes.

Multi-groups membership won't be in the next version (CPG 1.2.0), but there are plans for the future (hey, we can't put it all in at once - we need some things to improve in the future :wink: )

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.