Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Passing on parameters in a URL that initiates a CPG search from outside  (Read 2327 times)

soro

• Coppermine novice

This is probably a very easy question, yet I've played around and searched for a while and didn't find an answer: I want to place links on a page outside coppermine that return search results from the galleries. Note that I'm not talking about a coppermine search field outside of coppermine. That issue has been addressed a couple of times in the forums. I want a hard coded url that returns results on the strings defined in that url. I've found that something like

coppermineURL/thumbnails.php?album=search&search=string1+string2

does the job in principle, but it seems to default to AND where, occasionally, I'm going to need OR. How do I force OR? What other parameters can I pass on (like looking in certain categories only)? Also, this is the link from the keywords, so I assume it only looks in keywords. How do I link to a fulltext search? Thanks, and sorry if this is too basic a question.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 08:41:58 pm by Nibbler »

soro

• Coppermine novice
Re: Passing on parameters in a URL that initiates a CPG search from outside
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 08:08:38 pm »

Ok, I figured I might as well have people "submit" the form from an outside search box, with all fields hidden and all parameters predefined. In any case, a form button looks better than a text link. So please regard this issue as solved. For people who want to do something similar, the link to a thread with the form for an outside search box:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=28097.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.