Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge with IPB.. Can you make admin in gallery, but NOT forum??  (Read 3584 times)

maryp

• Coppermine newbie
Bridge with IPB.. Can you make admin in gallery, but NOT forum??
« on: February 20, 2006, 02:14:51 pm »

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and XXX:
[error message here]

Coppermine install: http://www.colinfarrellfansite.com/gallery
Forum install: http://www.colinfarrellfansite.com/forum
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.2
Forum version: IPB 2.1.3
Test user account: gallerytest/ helpme
BridgeManager settings:
Forum URL:  http://www.colinfarrellfansite.com/forum
Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../forum/ 
Use post-based groups?:  0 

I had the admin access problems after the bridge..but changed the bridge file as suggested in another thread..and I now have MY admin features back.

However, prior to the bridge.. I had two members who were admins at the gallery..but had no moderator privileges at the forum.
 When I go to my user management at IPB Forum.. I can't figure out a way to give someone those same permissions.

Is this a possibility?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 03:55:18 pm by Nibbler »

maryp

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Bridge with IPB.. Can you make admin in gallery, but NOT forum??
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 02:37:37 pm »

In related problem..
 I had been using the beta version of Coppermine 1.4.1 .. I had some galleries that were restricted to certain usergroups.. special groups I had made in Coppermine.
 Now everyone can see those ... how do I restrict albums to certain user groups now?

maryp

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 03:11:05 pm »

Ok.. I apologize.. the "search" didn't work for me originally but by browsing I found answer.
 2 things.. it's confusing that the bridge process doesn't "recommend" using the groups from the forum.. should probably explain better what options you lose.

and.. it was hard to find what "doc" told you what to do.. since I've been using the beta version..and the upgrade went well.. there was no need to read all of the docs.
For others..since I saw this posted no where else..the SPECIFIC doc file that tells you about integrating usergroups is:
cpg1.4.3/cpg143/docs/index.htm#integrating_users_start

Admins may want to merge this with another thread. Again I apologize.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 09:39:43 pm »

using beta software implies you know your way around. This means - you're familiar with searching and you read before asking. If you don't like this process, then you shouldn't use betas in the future.
However, thanks for returning and posting your solution (which is to read the docs).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 19 queries.