Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: permission for a guest  (Read 5254 times)

pyc

• Coppermine newbie
permission for a guest
« on: February 20, 2006, 10:44:10 am »

Hello,

J' would like to give the permission for a guest to edit each keywords of an image.
You can see the idea :

- make indexing the photo by the guests or the community of contributors.

How can we do that ?
Is everyone ever have the same question ?

Pierre-Yves from Brest (France)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: permission for a guest
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 09:30:12 pm »

allowing guests to edit stuff is not a good idea, you'll get your site ruined in no time.

pyc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 09:46:54 pm »

Thank you GauGau for your response.

But you know, I really want to try the possibity of editing by guests. As Wikipedia does.
I know the problems, I might (And then I will) have.
But My idea is to build a real community about the project I have. And then we have more than 30 contributors today.
So I'm no the only possible administrator.

So, Is everyone have as solution...
I'll very interested

Regards,
Pierre-Yves

allowing guests to edit stuff is not a good idea, you'll get your site ruined in no time.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 10:07:23 pm »

Wikis can handle guest edits due in part to the keeping of changes. If someone made a bad change, the article could easily be recovered.

The gallery doesn't keep track of changes that way so you're not going to be able to revert to a last known good state.

You might just want to try allowing guest uploads first and see how it goes. If you can trust people with that, maybe consider allowing them to edit more. But from personal experience, I inadvertently allowed guest upload and someone uploaded an extremely disgusting photo.

pyc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 11:56:54 pm »

Hello TranzNDance and thank you for your advice.

I take care of your well advice about the differents between Coppermine and a Wiki. Especially on history of commentaries on a photo.
You are true.
Whatever I'am asking myself on the possibilty of good moderation by the administrators and then, by all the community of contributors.

Is it so an Utopia to your own advice ?

Regards,
Pierre-Yves

Wikis can handle guest edits due in part to the keeping of changes. If someone made a bad change, the article could easily be recovered.

The gallery doesn't keep track of changes that way so you're not going to be able to revert to a last known good state.

You might just want to try allowing guest uploads first and see how it goes. If you can trust people with that, maybe consider allowing them to edit more. But from personal experience, I inadvertently allowed guest upload and someone uploaded an extremely disgusting photo.

pyc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 08:48:51 pm »

TranzNDance  And Gaugau,

After reflexion, you do convinced me about the difficulties of good moderation on guest's commentaries.
And thank you for that.

So now, I try to think about contributions on commentaries on each photo's of the gallery only by the contributors registered.

How is it technically possibly on Coppermine ?

Thanks for responses that everyone could have on this subject,

Regards (from France)
Pierre-Yves

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 11:05:35 pm »

comments on pics are a standard feature in coppermine, you can determine who is allowed to post in groups manager and you can individually enable/disable comments by album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.