Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restore Defaults!  (Read 3993 times)

anyoldcard

• Coppermine newbie
Restore Defaults!
« on: February 16, 2006, 11:50:24 pm »

I have version 1.4.2 installed by way of Fantastico. After many hours of banging my head against the wall because of not being able to set the mode where guests would not have to log in, I figure what could go wrong if I hit restore defaults. I figured it would change a few settings but I did not think it would revert to the original white Coppermine defaullt page.

Now when I try to log in it will not let me and when I enter the email to get my log in it tells me "no such email is in database". I have the original Fantastico email and I have my password and username and correct email address. I was using the Igames theme with some links added and I don't mind using the original with a logo change but now I can't get in. I checked the config file to see if I could find the log in details but had no luck, some programs just put the admin details in a file. What is the default username and password for an install not done through Fantastic.

I made several searches and could not come up with anything and I am sorry if I am inadvertantly overlooking something with the program or with the forum ettiquette and thanks ahead of time for your time.
Ron.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 01:36:04 am by Nibbler »

anyoldcard

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Restore Defaults!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 12:32:18 am »

With the original install, the areas for groups would be grayed out and it said that I would have to go check the box in the config/users area but each time I did, it would revert back to the original box. I even tried with different permissions and the small box would not stay checked. There was also a red flag in the greyed out area. I tried everything to get that box to stay checked but finnaly give up and that when I hit "restore defaults".

anyoldcard

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 12:42:22 am »

Would this explanation work for me, if I did not do an upgrade?

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=24516.msg112788#msg112788

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 12:46:13 am »

If you chose to use an installer that was written by someone else then we don't know how your gallery was configured originally. It won't do any harm to try that fix. Also search for fantastico.

anyoldcard

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 01:31:30 am »

Thank you for your reply. When I tried this fix the link (cpg1.4.2) was dead and when I searched I came up with cpg1.4.3 which I assume is a newer upgrade so why would I even mess with 1.4.2? So I guess I will try that. If it fails, I will go to another image program. Some people do not have enough knowledge to do an upgrade from your site nor do they have an FTP'er. They are just not into it. Thats why they use Fantastico. Because it makes it possible to use open source which is most times free.

Being open source, you would think they you guys would not be so upity when advice is ask concerning Fantastico installs because as long as you are getting your program out there then I do not see the problem with helping. If I have my guess, I would think that there are alot of installs done with Fantastico and may even some day pass the number of standard installs. I have probably strayed from your posting guidelines so I better leave now and head towards a forum where I can get infomation and enjoy the surroundings while doing so.
Ron.
The little prudish man avatars fit you dudes well. ;D Now you can delete!

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 01:36:54 am »

You do that. Marking as closed.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 02:53:19 am »

Well, if the Fantastico team cooperated with us instead of causing bugs that waste users' and our time, why would we have a problem with it? But that's not the case.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 08:17:50 am »

@anyoldcard: we don't delete threads nor postings just because users criticize. I just wish you would have taken your time to read the details. You're welcome to check our reports to the Netenberg staff (the developers of Fantastico) and read their replies (yeah, none - that's correct). It's them who don't care about end users, they sold their product to the webhosts and don't care for end users who are stuck with bugs they have introduced. How could we possibly solve bugs in another application? Shouting at us won't help to get this issue solved. After all we're the good guys - we're developing Coppermine as open source app free of charge, we don't get paid a cent and spend countless hours on the piece of software. Netenberg on the other hand is a company that is selling a product to webhosts (and this means of course that you as end users pay it over the fee your webhost charges) just by collecting a bunch of free open source apps, bundling it together into "one-click-installs", making money with it (which is OK license-wise). As you're not a direct customer of Netenberg there probably isn't much point in complaining at their site (given their reaction to my suggestions, which is none), but you could start to put pressure on them by yelling at your webhost for a start.

The threads I posted in on the Netenberg board:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.